jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Comments Invited on Three New Hubs

1. Emanate Presence profile image83
    Emanate Presenceposted 5 years ago

New as of today to hub-making, I have published three hubs. Being my first day at HubPages, sure I am glad to have anything pointed out that I might have missed. The three are:

Highly Sensitive People

Big Questions of Life

Rumi and Poetic Art

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Well two of them are unpublished, so you may want to check out the FAQ and Learning Centre!

Emanate Presenceposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Right, I received the emails this morning. Glad to see that Hubpages has the high standards.

3. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

Welcome to HubPages smile I think you're off to a great start. I read your 'Highly Sensitive' article. It seemed a little stilted. I got the what and maybe where, but not why, when, who and how. I enjoy learning something new and am sure there are others. Just a bit more tweaking should do it otherwise, a great write!

Thanks for the reply, Dame Scribe. I will look at the wording of HSP with your comment in mind. By stilted do you mean too personal? I had it on Squidoo, where the orientation is different than Hubpages, and am tweaking everything to fit the standard and expectation here.

4. Dame Scribe profile image61

The flow of the content is off. Seems almost to go all over the place and nowhere, if that makes sense tongue  A article usually has a point and written to support the main point. I wasn't sure if you were writing about HSP or showing examples of HSP. I felt that I missed something and can't quite figure out what lol but as I said, it's a interesting read. Just a bit more focus and intent I believe, is needed.

Yes, I see your point. Generally I know what 'stilted' means but looked it up and could see how the article did not have a flow. I chopped off the first two paragraphs when moving it from Squidoo to Hubpages and didn't spend enough time with it. After your reply I re-worked the intro. Focus and intent is good, something I can work on in all my writing for publication. There are two written pieces on the HSP Hub - the intro and my personal story with HSP.

This may be more than you want to know, but the piece on HSP came out of an experience on Squidoo. When they locked my writing due to duplicate content, (not realizing, my posted story of my brother's death was still on an in-active site) I had a strong emotional reaction. On Squidoo, unlike Hubpages, they lock a Lens with a red warning message and no opportunity to correct the issue. To address my pained reaction, I researched and came across the information on HSP. Taking the self-test, I realized I have been HSP all my life, it has had immense impact, and I never knew before of such a term or designation. I wrote the Lens on Squidoo to share the experience and help others who might also be HSP without knowing it. In fact, many did write that it was tremendous help to learn about HSP. I have interest to craft my writing well for Hubpages while keeping a warmth and personal touch that I feel is missing from many I have read.

5. Dame Scribe profile image61

I read it and left a comment and vote smile it seems a topic that has many area's that with research, could prove to be a interesting subject. As I've said in a few forums and is only a suggestion since there are many. I say try to answer the what, where, when, why, who and how in point form, then rewrite in paragraph form wink helps build flow and keep context. smile you're off to a good start.

Thank you, Dame Scribe. I feel the helpful energy of your words and the suggestion is useful for my future writing. Now I will visit your pages....

working