jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Do you get this message?

1. jasminortega profile image52
    jasminortegaposted 4 years ago

Hi guys, when I edited my hub for overly promotional and whenever I click on "submit for publication" or "done editing" I get this message.

Sorry, the specified group name is not valid.

I don't have any idea what this is. HELP!

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

What group name have you put it in?  Failing that, what category have you chosen?

1. jasminortega profile image52
        jasminortegaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh does it mean that I input the wrong category?? Like for instance, fashion and then I select hairstyle -> hair extensions? Because I correctly chose the right category.

But if that's not what a group name supposed to mean, then I'm stumped sad

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

A group (next to the summary button) is a name you choose just for yourself to put selected hubs into. 

Although it is not necessary to group your hubs, most hubbers find that large numbers of hubs are easier to work with when grouped.  You can sort your stats screen by groups, which can make a difference when you have a couple hundred hubs and want to find a particular one.  HP also automatically sets up links between hubs in a group, so anything put into a particular group should be related.  All about holidays, maybe or how to fix a car.  Something like that.

Categories, on the other hand, are chosen when you first started the hub.  You MUST choose a category, perhaps something like you indicate.  These are defined and named by HP, not by you.  While a group is very similar it is set up by you, for use only by your hubs.

working