jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (9 posts)

Looking for constructive feedback

1. Espanglish profile image60
    Espanglishposted 5 years ago

Hi folks, I am a new kid on the block who is not blessed with the patience of a saint.  I would appreciate your constructive comments on how I can make the presentation and delivery of my blogs more attention grabbing and useful to the reader.  Please feel free to suggest anything whilst I am still in my forming mode of conscious incompetence.
    Regards
    Wayne

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
      Millionaire Tipsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Wayne,
      Welcome to HubPages.  You are off to a great start.  I read the hub about Bruce Willis and it is well presented.  You do need to make sure that you use graphics that you have permission to use. I am not saying you don't have permission, just telling you to make sure that you do.   The image link should go to the page where you found it, and not just the graphic.

Espanglishposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for that.  So referencing thepicture url link is not sufficient?

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
          Millionaire Tipsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Right, the photographer wants people to go to their site, and just going to the picture doesn't do that. You want to the link to go to the page where you found it. 

There is a good Learning Center entry on images:
          http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/legal-image-use

Personally, I like the big images, but you do have to use them judiciously.  To make them smaller, just click on the right arrow on the capsule and it will move it over to the right and make it smaller.

Nice one.  Thanks for the tip

2. peeples profile image89
      peeplesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Just as an off note here I would move the pics over so that they become part of each section. Having to scroll down for giant pictures seemed to take away from the writing for me. Welcome to HP!

Yes thanks I agree, not found out how to put them in the body of the text yet, but a valid point.  Thanks

1. peeples profile image89
          peeplesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

When you are in edit mode there are over arrows at the top of the capsule that will adjust where they are in the hub.

Thanks I'll play around with it.

working