jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Some Hubs not available for Profile Spotlight Hubs

1. Lauryallan profile image81
    Lauryallanposted 4 years ago

I'm having a problem with the setting up of my profile page. I am trying to add a hub I recently wrote to the spotlight section, but you have to choose from a list of hubs.
    The hub I want to choose isn't listed in this list and can therefore not be spotlighted. At first I thought this might be because it has to go through the 24 hour delay thing when a hub is first published. However, my hub has gone through that and seems to be fine. It hasn't been put into Idle status or anything, so I don't understand why it's not on the list of hubs I've written?
    Does anyone else have problems like this with newly written hubs?
    http://lauryallan.hubpages.com/hub/hubp … real-story - this is the hub in question, in case the Hub team needs more details.

1. HoneyBB profile image89
      HoneyBBposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I just click on my hub-go to the bottom of the page and click on "link to this page" copy the url, and go back to Edit Profile- and add that in to the drop down box

2. Matthew Meyer profile image74
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Laury.
      I just looked at your account and witnessed what you described.
      Your Hub "Hubpages Income - The Real Story" is not even shown as an option in any of the drop-downs for "Spotlight Hub #".

I think @savingskathy might have caught the problem.
      Can you try adding a large image to that Hub and see if it becomes an option?  There is one graph, but it might not be seen as large enough for the slideshow portion of the spotlight feature.

Lauryallanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks

2. savingkathy profile image93
    savingkathyposted 4 years ago

I believe the reason that this hub is not showing up in the list of hubs you can choose to be featured is because there are no photos on this hub. A hub has to have a photo to be featured in your carousel.
    Try adding a photo to it - that should work!

Ah right I never thought of that. I'll try adding a photo and see if that works.

2. Lauryallan profile image81

You were right, it needed a photo to be spotlighted. I added one and one make a better one in photoshop to replace it soon.
      Thank you so much!

1. savingkathy profile image93
        savingkathyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome!

working