jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How Does the "Rate It" Feature Work?

1. KCC Big Country profile image89
    KCC Big Countryposted 8 years ago

I have noticed the "rate it" button on our hubs but haven't found anywhere where it talks about how they work, recommendations for how to use them, where you can go to see if you're getting the thumbs up, how does it affect your scores, etc?

2. relache profile image90
    relacheposted 8 years ago

"Rate it" is just a yea or nay option.  HubPages used to display to authors how many up or down thumbs a hub got, but they took that feature away for reasons not really explained clearly.  If you subscribe to the newsletter, it will tell you how many thumbs up overall you have but that's a meaningless statistic that can't be applied to anything usefully.

It does affect hubscore but they won't say how.  And it's been reported that photo galleries of actresses from India get the most thumbs down out of all types of content on the site.

3. KCC Big Country profile image89

Thanks!   Well, lucky for me I don't plan to write any hubs with India girlies.  LOL   It's just a feature that doesn't seem to be talked about anywhere but I figured it must have a purpose to be there.

Thanks again, relache!

4. KCC Big Country profile image89

You mentioned a newsletter, relache.  Is that the one we get weekly from HubPages? If so, I don't see any Rate It stats on it....unless that means I don't have any ! (yikes!).  Or is there another newsletter you're referring to that I actually have to opt-in on?

working