jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

OH NO, Oh Dear God!

1. gmwilliams profile image83
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

Sometimes YOU simply camnot fathom what come out of people's mouths. There are some people who say things that are dowright medieval.   Some people just seem to "delight" US with their neanderthal thinking.   Name some instances of backward thinking.

1. nightwork4 profile image60
      nightwork4posted 4 years ago in reply to this

someone on here stated that being gay is wrong because you can't have kids. well either can sterile people so are they wrong is what i'm wondering.

1. gmwilliams profile image83
        gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Things that make one go hmmmm,hmmmm,hmmmm, hmmmmm.   The ludicrousness of such remarks.

2. LiamBean profile image90
      LiamBeanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I avoid using the term neanderthal these days. They cared for their old and sick and buried their dead. Knuckle-dragger is my favored term.

2. profile image0
    Sunnie Dayposted 4 years ago

Parent: Do you want me to pull  this car over?
    Child: Please do...I want to get a spanking in full view of the world!
    Parents:Do I have to count to three?
    Child: Please do...that is how I learned my numbers!
    Parent:Do you know how many starving kids there are in this world?
    Child: uh...no...but I am sure you will tell me like you did at breakfast.

1. profile image0
      Sooner28posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Haha...

3. frantisek78 profile image84
    frantisek78posted 4 years ago

Just to clarify: are you suggesting that people in medieval times had a more pronounced habit of saying ridiculous or shocking things? I guess I was too distracted by the facade of medieval art, philosophy, Gothic achitecture etc. to realize that people probably said more outrageous things in that era than during any other time in human history.

What is "neanderthal" thinking in one group or society can be totally acceptable in other groups or societies. There isn't any one mode of thinking about what can be considered "jaw dropping" comments for all of mankind. These things vary by culture, group, time, circumstance etc.

4. Trish89 profile image71
    Trish89posted 4 years ago

I actually heard a republican on tv state that gay people should be quarantined so they can't "reproduce." Really?! I can't believe what an idiot he is!

1. LiamBean profile image90

They do it by cell division. <shhhh> don't tell anyone.

5. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

"But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it..." - Nancy Pelosi

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/autho … 8VbXqCO.99

1. profile image0
      Sooner28posted 4 years ago in reply to this

This is a good one tongue.

1. LiamBean profile image90

Actually that sounds a lot like the Patriot Act. Remember the Patriot Act?

6. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 4 years ago

Opposition to same-sex marriage is one prominent example.  I'd also add the belief that the entire universe was created solely for human beings.  It's backwards and arrogant, all at once.

7. profile image0
    Moeskyposted 4 years ago

I get a bit peeved when people tell me I'm not capable of doing something just because they can't imagine themselves ever having the guts to even have a go. Now that's backward in my mind.

working