Duplicate? Not Exactly Sure What This Means

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)
  1. don tilton profile image58
    don tiltonposted 11 years ago

I'm fairly new to this, and didn't expect the kick I got on this one. I have an article that was kicked citing Duplicate. I checked it with Copyscape premium, and it didn't show anything, can anyone help? Here's the address: http://dontilton.hubpages.com/hub/NZBMa … ternatives

1. Isabel Melville profile image82
      Isabel Melvilleposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Don, we can't see the article because it is unpublished. Email your concerns to team@hubpages.com. They will be able to help you smile

don tiltonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I see,  wasn't sure about that...sorry, I'm still a newb. big_smile

1. Isabel Melville profile image82
          Isabel Melvilleposted 11 years agoin reply to this

LOL, you don't need to apologize for being a newbie. We were all there once. It's just that emailing staff is normally the best way to solve this type of problem, as they see stuff we can't.
          I would also suggest you take a section of your hub and put it into Google search, in quotes. This will throw up exact replicas.
          Trouble about writing about anything at all online is someone may have written an almost identical phrase or sentence.
          If your hub ended up with a few of them, perhaps because your writing voice is similar to others, you will raise a flag.
          It sounds like an automatic thing, so asking a staff member to actually look at your hub might be beneficial.

However, HP staff don't tend to give much away when it comes to duplicate stuff, so your best bet it is to carefully check paragraphs in Google and re-word things as much as possible, and add something new.

Actually just the adding something new should get rid of a duplicate flag, if your stuff was original in the first place smile

Thanks a lot for the advice. I'd really like to know what they saw wrong, so as to avoid the same mistake in the future. I seem to be having real good luck with HP so far though. 22 out of 25 Hubs have been featured, with this being one of the three that isn't. Starting to get an author score to speak of. Like to keep the roll going...

2. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 11 years ago

well, was it an original article?

3. don tilton profile image58
    don tiltonposted 11 years ago

I believed so...there weren't any other hubs about the subject.

1. janesix profile image60
      janesixposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I mean, is Hubpages the first place you published it? Or did you publish it somewhere else first?

No...I haven't published this article anywhere.

1. janesix profile image60
          janesixposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm, that's weird. I don't know then.

I did get a duplicate warning once for a hub, and it was a poem that I hadn't published anywhere else. Sometimes they mess up I think.

I'll just withdraw that one and put it somewhere else I guess then. I'll check it once more on Copyscape just to make absolutely sure...

4. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 11 years ago

The link no longer works, HP has dumped it.

5. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

Being featured is just a normal hub.  Non-featured hubs are in danger of being made 'no index' so search engines will not list them.  I would suggest editing those hubs and keeping all hubs away from going no index.

6. profile image0
    Emilyfedposted 11 years ago

Hi!

I encountered this problem once.

I wrote a poem of my own. And when I published it, I received a message saying its a duplicate.
    I was like, "What? A duplicate? I wrote it myself!!".

So I emailed hubpages back again and told them, it was one that I wrote myself, all by myself.

Two days later I received a message saying that they were sorry and they have cleared the problem and published my hub.

So you see, the only way is to email hubpages and say that you did not duplicate the article. But of course, if you've actually duplicated, then there's no point in arguing. If it is your original work, then you can say so to hubpages.

Hope this helps.
    Emily

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)