jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Google AdSense account

1. Rubee profile image61
    Rubeeposted 4 years ago

I just tried to sign up for Google AdSense on HubPages and it appears I already have an account, but I do not recall ever signing up with them? Did HubPages automatically signed up for me? Or is it possible that someone else signed up under my account?
    I'm nervous that someone might be getting paid under my account? What should I do?

1. psycheskinner profile image85
      psycheskinnerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

In case you did sign up and forgot, try resetting the password.  If the new password is sent to your email account, you might have done it wink.

1. Simone Smith profile image92
        Simone Smithposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good advice, psycheskinner!

2. Rubee profile image61
        Rubeeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you psycheskinner. I just did. But now I am completing my account with HubPages to get paid and they ask for my SS# which makes me nervous! And also am wondering if I do the PayPal, do I have to give my SS#? In any case do they need the SS# so that I can get paid?

1. psycheskinner profile image85
          psycheskinnerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Every company that compensates you has to declare the money and exactly who they paid it to in their own tax returns. IMHO I am more suspicious of those who don't request the necessary information than those that do.  Although I obviously only provide it to companies I have researched and found to be legit and above board.

1. Rubee profile image61
            Rubeeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

This is true. Thanks again.

working