Google Adsense Account

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (30 posts)
  1. William F. Torpey profile image70
    William F. Torpeyposted 7 years ago

My Google Adsense Account has disappeared. How do I get it back?

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 7 years ago

Disappeared from where?

3. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

More explanation please.  What do you mean by disappeared?

4. William F. Torpey profile image70

For eight years when I click on earnings the "External Affiliate Settings" comes up. Then I click on "Google Adsense Reports" and it tells me how much I have earned. The last time this worked I had something like $80 dollars balance (I think I've gotten two $100 checks in my 8 years on Hubpages.) Now when I click on "Google Adsense Reports" I get a page that says "Sign Up Now." Apparently they don't know I have an account. Here's my Affiliate Code:

Program    Affiliate Code    Status    Reports
    configure    Google AdSense    ca-pub-<snipped>    Active    Google AdSense Reports

Why is my account missing and how do I get it back?

1. WordCrafter09 profile image65
      WordCrafter09posted 7 years agoin reply to this

If you still have time you should probably delete your code here.  You (and anyone else) can address your question without having that in the forums.

William F. Torpeyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I put my code in there to verify that I have had the account. Apparently someone snipped it out. I still haven't gotten my Google Adsense account back. What does it take to get it back? I haven't got time for this nonsense.

1. SmartAndFun profile image93
          SmartAndFunposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I think you have been signed out of your Google account and need to sign back in. Sometimes, for security purposes, sites automatically sign members out and require them to sign in, even if they never signed out. For example, signing in on HP lasts I think 24 hours, then we are required to sign in again in order to access our accounts. Eight years is a long time to have never been required to sign in other than the first time you accessed your account.

Or it could be something simple like someone else used your computer to sign in to google (thus signing you out), or you are accessing your account while browsing in private mode, in which case your computer attempts to hide from Google who you are and does not offer up your usual sign-in information.

Is there a spot on the Google page where it says "sign in?' Try hovering or clicking on the icons at the top right of the page. Look around the page and see if you can't find some option for signing in. That should fix it.

5. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 7 years ago

You need to ensure you have the right username and password.  Even if your account was deleted you can sign into it and see why it was closed.

6. William F. Torpey profile image70

I've just spent nearly an hour trying to sign in. There's all kinds of confusion about my Hubpages password, my Google email password and my Google Adsense password. I finally signed in successfully to something or other, but when I tried to sign in again they didn't recognize me. Then I went through the process again. This whole thing is ridiculous. I've got other things to do.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Take a deep breath, it's not as bad as you think.

I'm not sure how much knowledge you have so I'll go back to the beginning.

It's possible to set your computer up so that once you've signed in to a service (e.g. HubPages or Adsense or Google email), you stay signed in permanently.  It sounds as though that's how you have it set up normally.  That's why you were able to just click on the Reports tab and see your earnings without having to sign in to anything else, even though those Reports are on a completely different site that is totally separate from HubPages.

What seems to have happened is that somehow, your browser has forgotten your Adsense password, or you've been logged out for some reason.  So you need to log back in to your Google Adsense account here:

https://www.google.com/adsense/start/

Once you've logged in there, you should be able to see your earnings there - if you have trouble working out how to find the right page, then you should be able to go back to your HubPages account, click on Reports and get back to the right page that way. 

Just to be clear, you don't have to be signed in to your HubPages account or your Google email account to be able to see your Adsense reports - you just need to be signed in to Adsense.  However, since you are on these forums and also able to see your HubPages account page, you are obviously still signed in to HubPages and don't need to sign in again.

It's never a good idea to rely on your computer to remember what your usernames and passwords are for sites - I have a small notebook where I keep all mine written down, safely stored a long way away from my laptop.

Thank you, Marisa. I'm not exactly sure how it happened, but, with your advice, my Google Adsense account has re-appeared. I think the trouble I've had resulted from my recent decision to change all my passwords (and I have many.) I appreciate everyone's help in this regard (But I'm still lost in cyber land.)

7. Venkatachari M profile image83
    Venkatachari Mposted 7 years ago

I do also keep the passwords in my notebook safely so that I can refer to it quickly for logging in whenever I sign out after some days gap. It's a good habit.

8. William F. Torpey profile image70

I'm trying to do that, Venkatachari M, but several times I've written it down and when I try to use a site it says it's the wrong password. A couple of times I changed my password and immediately tried to  get into the account and they tell me it's the wrong password. But at least it seems my Google Adsense account is OK. If these technicalities continue to take up too much of my time I'll seriously consider abandoning the whole mess.

1. Venkatachari M profile image83
      Venkatachari Mposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Passwords are too much case sensitive. So better keep all letters in a small case which is very easy to type. If you keep some in capital letters and others in small, it may be confusing even when noting down in a book or while typing them.
      Further, I think, it might be taking some time after you change the password for the sites to catch those passwords and enable you to log in.

9. William F. Torpey profile image70

Thanks. I'll have to work out a plan for all my passwords. It would be nice to have just one. But some sites make you use letters, numbers, symbols, ugly faces like Donald Trump and who knows what?

You can get software that will remember all your passwords for you, I have always been a bit reluctant to trust them all to someone else and find my trusty little book a good solution!  As you've discovered, it is vital to write them down very carefully, taking into account whether you used capital letters or lower case and whether it's a one or an L, a zero or a letter O, etc.   Case is particularly important - if you've set your password as "Crosby2", for instance, then "crosby2" won't be accepted.

Yes, some sites are demanding numbers now but very few of them insist on you using symbols.  And usually, one number or symbol is enough, though they may encourage you to use more.  If they give you a long nonsense password, there is usually an option to change it somewhere.

Using one password for everything would be a bad idea - if one of your passwords got stolen, the thief would be able to access every one of your accounts.

Thank you, Marisa. The struggle goes on.

2. Venkatachari M profile image83
        Venkatachari Mposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Marissa, for the further clarification of my point and some valuable advice.

10. cattuong profile image36
    cattuongposted 7 years ago

You can login google account get adsense

11. William F. Torpey profile image70

Once again my Adsense account has disappeared. I give up.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I have the same issue right now - mine was due to migration of that email onto G Suite - a known issue. Do you use a free email or a hosted email for your Adsense access?

I have no idea what a free email or a hosted email is. I use gmail for my emails.

1. WryLilt profile image88
          WryLiltposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Okay - gmail is a free email. smile Other than that, I'm out of ideas sad

You'd be best posting on the Adsense forums; Hubpages can't help you directly with your Adsense account.

I've had it with Hubpages. I don't have time for this nonsense. Thanks for your linterest, WryLilt.

I know you're frustrated but it's very unlikely that it's HubPages' fault.

All that has happened is that you've been logged out of Adsense again, and you need to log in again.

I didn't log out. If they logged me out they can log me back in. I'm not going through this constantly. I've got enough of these silly problems.

I didn't say you logged out.  I said you've BEEN logged out.

HubPages did NOT log you out because there is no way they can do that.  It's impossible.

Either your own computer logged you out, or Google logged you out. It's annoying but it happens to all of us sometimes.  You just need to log in to Adsense again.

Thank you, Marisa. Life was a lot better before computers were invented.

12. Beth Eaglescliffe profile image94
    Beth Eaglescliffeposted 7 years ago

It may be related to the browser you are using. I access HubPages through Internet Explorer, but Google AdSense is no longer compatible with IE. So when I want to see my AdSense account I have to change over to Google Chrome.

13. Jan Saints profile image86
    Jan Saintsposted 7 years ago

Got this message,

"We've noticed that this Adsense account hasn't generated any ad impressions or revenue since it was created; therefore, we've closed your account. Please note that active accounts have not been affected.

If you would like to reactivate your Adsense account, please reapply with the same email address by visiting www. google. com/adsense".

Does this mean HubPages didn't place Google ads on my hubs?

When trying to reapply at www. google. com/adsense, I am told to apply through HubPages, and when I try to reapply through HubPages, I am taken back to www. google. com/adsense instead of being told to select an email account.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)