jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Who wants to help a new hubber?

1. GavinWichmann profile image60
    GavinWichmannposted 4 years ago

Hey, I'm fairly new to this place, and I wanted to know what I could do to improve my hubs, as well as getting feedback on the works within.
    I'm a fiction writer, so its all short stories, so be aware of that I suppose.
    If you could help me, I would be greatly appreciative! I don't really know how I should set this up or anything, so feedback on any parts of this would greatly appreciated!

2. Simone Smith profile image89
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

Welcome to HubPages, GavinWichmann! We're really glad to have you with us. big_smile

I like to share these two guides with new Hubbers, as they can be super helpful on the getting traffic and creating high quality content front:
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/How- … ndly-Title
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Elem … tellar-Hub

As a fiction writer, though, your drive is probably not to drive a lot of search traffic, so I'll defer to our fellow Hubbers to give advice on that front!

GavinWichmannposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Well thanks for the links, I'll be sure to use those to my advantage!

3. preciousblotters profile image70
    preciousblottersposted 4 years ago

I'm a fairly new hubber myself so I can only say welcome to the club!

lol well thank you thank you fellow hubber!

4. Anna Haven profile image88
    Anna Havenposted 4 years ago

You done a brilliant job of feeling and speaking as a character more than double your age, a credit to you.

Thank you very much, I hoped the dialogue and though processes would seem to fit, I'm glad that it all seemed strong to you!

5. NicoleMessenger profile image76
    NicoleMessengerposted 4 years ago

I highly recommend the  hub page's "learning center".  There you will find majority of your inquires and answers. Otherwise, get feed back from other hubbers..good luck and welcome aboard!

Yeah, I've recently started using those to try and update my pages, its just a little weird trying to apply some of those rules to fictional short stories. Thank you for the hints though!

6. superfly47 profile image61
    superfly47posted 4 years ago

You could try posting comments on popular short story writers hubpages. Make it good comments, not just promoting your stories.

Yeah, I've started doing that, I do what I can to make sure they are full and interesting comments. And promoting just seems tacky :p

working