jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

RESOLVED: Stats up

1. jimmythejock profile image88
    jimmythejockposted 4 years ago

My daily Hub Stats for the past 4 or 5 days seem to be slightly up on the amount of visitors that Google Analytics says that I am getting to my Hubs, are Hubpages counting hits that don't exist? or are Google missing some of my visitors?
    Google are showing around 600-700 less visits to my pages every day than Hubpages are showing.....jimmy

1. Hollie Thomas profile image59
      Hollie Thomasposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Jimmy, I don't know how relevant this is, but on another site I'm noticing that Google is not counting twitter visits, where the site is.

1. jimmythejock profile image88
        jimmythejockposted 4 years agoin reply to this

thanks Hollie, but i really don't get that many hits from twitter on my hubs, but it could be a definite maybe answer lol.....jimmy

2. paradigmsearch profile image94
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

I just checked my lifetime stats.

My HP Ever falls between the Analytics Visits and Pageviews. All of them above the 1M. So, no heart attack here. big_smile

3. Hollie Thomas profile image59
    Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago

Jimmy, I discovered hashtags and how may visits they could bring. (I'm so behind when it comes to promotion) Maybe Google isn't logging other social media- or are you referring to a disparity in organic visits?

1. paradigmsearch profile image94
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hashtags re: traffic? I am all ears...

Go to your twitter account, PDS. Go to the search bar and type in a subject relevant to your article. For example, Turkeys. Prefix a hashtag and see if that topic is being followed. Eg. #weddings or #birds, #birding. Great way to reach a huge, targeted audience other than your followers. Brings lots of traffic.

1. paradigmsearch profile image94
          paradigmsearchposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I used to do that. But then for some unknown reason I stopped. I guess it was because it was so much work for me to press shift and the "3" key. Time for me to work up the energy to start doing that again. big_smile

Yep. When I say targeted, they are not necessarily buyers or clickers (although I have no way of verifying this) but they are interested in the topic. And I'm sure G will notice all those visits to your subdomain. I'm actually pretty sure I've had a couple of clickers from there, also.

Closed to reply

working