jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

Previously Idled Hubs Are Now Featured Again?

1. SoundNFury profile image82
    SoundNFuryposted 4 years ago

I had about 7 or 8 hubs that were idle.  I didn't touch them, but now all of a sudden they are showing up as featured.  Is this a glitch?  Anyone else experience this lately?

1. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Uh oh - guess it wasn't just me.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/110997

Can you give which hubs it was?  HP wants to know, but for the life of me I couldn't remember which one had sprung back to life.

2. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Because it takes time for search engines to crawl and propogate a noindex designation into the search results, it's possible for a Hub that was not featured because of low traffic to regain featured status without an edit if it's traffic increases.

I's fairly unusual, but there has been a fair amount of turbulence in the Google indexes in particular lately.  So that's my best guess as to what may have happened.

Most interesting.  I can't be sure which hub it was for me, but both of my suspects have seen increased search traffic lately.  Enough that they probably shouldn't have gone idle a week ago.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

As far as I was aware, this was not the case.  Idle hubs had to be manually featured, and would not regain that status by a return of traffic alone.

I suspect it is some side effect of the new idling criteria being applied retrospectively.

1. pauldeeds profile image
          pauldeedsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

In this particular case, I assure you that my awareness exceeds your awareness. smile

1. psycheskinner profile image84
            psycheskinnerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

In that case, I have been misinformed.  But that is not amazing to me given how little clear information about QAP was ever made available.

What is your source of inside knowledge, because I want in!

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image97
              Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years agoin reply to this

PaulDeeds has the Magic H on his profile.  Sees all; knows all.

2. SoundNFury profile image82

Thank you for the info, wilderness.  I'll try and get the necessary info to HP.

3. SoundNFury profile image82

I know that most of mine that are now featured again have not seen any increased traffic that i'm aware of  The only thing I did lately was delete one of my idled hubs altogether.  But I don't see why that would affect the status of the others.  Hmmm....

4. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

I missed that.  I can be very unobservant. (Obviously).

1. rebekahELLE profile image87
      rebekahELLEposted 4 years agoin reply to this

This brought a few chuckles, psyche. 

Meet one of the founders and  general manager of HP.

In regard to the thread, I did notice one of mine came back to life yesterday without any edits.  smile

In another thread, Mathew says it could be because older hubs are now going through the QAP.  They may be getting the featured status as a result of their score there.

Better than going the other way, I'd say!

working