jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

Can I turn off adverts on all my hubs?

1. kev8 profile image65
    kev8posted 4 years ago

Hi all,
    Just wondering if I can turn off ads on all my hubs and just focus on Amazon affiliates? I am banned from the adsense programme(not sure why) and have always had better luck with Amazon.
    Thanks

Kevin

1. Susana S profile image92
      Susana Sposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm pretty sure you can't do that if you want to have amazon capsules. The hub has to be either commercial (with ads) or non-commercial (without any ads at all).

1. Susana S profile image92
        Susana Sposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Looks like I gave you bum advice, sorry. I think things must have changed somewhere along the line and I didn't notice.

2. SimeyC profile image90
    SimeyCposted 4 years ago

Yes - there is an option in each hub to turn off the ads.

1. Simone Smith profile image88
      Simone Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Correct! It's not a global option, so it will have to happen on a Hub-by-Hub basis, but it is definitely doable. big_smile

1. Anti-Valentine profile image92
        Anti-Valentineposted 4 years ago in reply to this

68 hubs is a lot to go through. What if the ads aren't disabled? Because he's banned from Adsense, would any revenue from clicks go to HubPages?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
          Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes.

1. kev8 profile image65
            kev8posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you all for your replies, trying to turn around my account. I haven't done much with it since Panda. I am moving away from adsense and focusing on Amazon, I always earned more through this. Do you think this is a wise strategy?

1. wilderness profile image94
              wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Depends on the writer.  I make some from Amazon; about a quarter of what I do with HPads.  For me it would not be wise.

3. Louise Lately profile image74
    Louise Latelyposted 4 years ago

I have occasionally turned off my ads when the formatting goes funny on the page - but if you're looking for an income, then obviously do not turn them off smile

1. Anti-Valentine profile image92
      Anti-Valentineposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Fact is he was banned from Adsense. I'm not sure, but if you don't have an Adsense account, doesn't that mean you can't display HP ads (I don't use them)? HP ads display 1 adsense ad on your hub. So as I understand it, and I may be wrong, if you don't have adsense, you can't use HP ads, or EBay for that matter. And there's no point in displaying any ads on your hubs if the revenue is only going to HubPages, and none of it's coming your way. Just my opinion.  Just use amazon, OP.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
        Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You're right - no Adsense, no HP Earnings program. That just leaves Amazon and personally, I wouldn't even bother writing on HubPages if I had to depend on Amazon.

working