jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Page view duration

1. janshares profile image90
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

What duration constitutes a page view? 15 seconds? 30? Just wondering because I know that ours count as views when we check something. I wish we could control for that so pages views would be closeer to accurate.

jansharesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

(Wish my spelling was closer to accurate, too, when I'm sleepy.)

2. jeffthomson profile image85
    jeffthomsonposted 4 years ago

Any time you load a page at all it counts as a page view. So it doesn't matter how long or short you are there. To get more accurate stats you can use Google Analytics, then there are a few ways you can exclude your own views from counting in those numbers.

1. Ceres Schwarz profile image11
      Ceres Schwarzposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi. Thanks for this info. I was wondering about page views too. Google Analytics can be really complicated and confusing though. I didn't know you could exclude your own views of your hubs from there. I guess I'll have to look into it more.

2. janshares profile image90

Thank you, jeffthomson. Very helpful. However, I'm like Ceres Swarz, a little confused about using GA. I use it primarily to check live stats which I find really cool, being able to see who's visiting and what they're reading. I will have to explore how to use it for page views.

1. jeffthomson profile image85
        jeffthomsonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

No worries. GA can be more confusing to begin with, simply because there is so much more data there.

3. tillsontitan profile image90
    tillsontitanposted 4 years ago

Thanks Jan for asking a question most of us wanted to know!

You're quite welcome, tillsontitan. And thanks for that follow. smile

working