jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

How do hub groups work?

1. 4wardthinker profile image85
    4wardthinkerposted 4 years ago

I think all my hubs are orphans. What does that mean?

1. CroftRoan profile image79
      CroftRoanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

When you go into your statistics page there will be ways to filter your hubs. One of the filters is by article group. There should be a link titled "edit groups". Click on that then click the button "add new group". You can titles anything you want. Once you have saved the group, go lower on the page where it says "assign hubs to groups". Drag the hubs and put them under the group you want. They automatically save once they've been moved.

4wardthinkerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the info. Can I assign each hub to more than one group? Should I and will it help bring more traffic to my hub?

You can assign as many hubs as you want to a group. At the bottom of a hub that's in a group there will be tabs leading the reader to two of your other hubs in the same group. I think it will help increase traffic among the same group.

Ah! Now I get it. Thanks!

No problem! I'm here to help when I can.

2. mts1098 profile image81
            mts1098posted 4 years agoin reply to this

the initial confusion i had with groups was that I thought the groups were a means to link to your other similar topics but I learned that topics is the correct way to link to other similar material...cheers

I thought the same thing. Thanks for sharing your experience with it.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 4 years ago

At the bottom of each hub, there are two of your own hubs that are linked.  By assigning them to groups, you can give your reader a chance to see another hub you have written on a related topic.  As far as I know, there is no limit to the number of groups that you use, but of course, you want to try to get related hubs together, and keep your reader on as many pages as possible.

Thanks for the help. I checked out some of your hubs to see how it is done. Now I understand.

3. Simone Smith profile image88
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

Just in case you might like to learn more, you can find more information on HubGroups here!

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/usin … d_22634286

Thanks for the tip. I am doing a little hub spring cleaning.

working