jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

414 error: "The requested URL is too large to process"

1. EmpressFelicity profile image80
    EmpressFelicityposted 4 years ago

So I've been hearing about the new ad layout, which has done away with the Adsense block in the top right hand corner of the hub text. So I decided to look at one of my hubs to check it out. And I saw this, to the right of the hub text near the top of the page:

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8111172_f520.jpg

Comments?

1. Judi Bee profile image87
      Judi Beeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've got no explanation, but I'm seeing it too.

2. Marina Lazarevic profile image84
      Marina Lazarevicposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This is likely a Google AdSense issue. Unfortunately, we can't do anything about it, but please let us know if you're seeing it frequently or if it persists for a long time!

1. Pearldiver profile image88
        Pearldiverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Surely there Needs a better answer than that?
        - this Issue could blowout into a far greater problem for Hubbers.... sad

I hope no one gets accused of 'click fraud' and subsequently loose their accounts!

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image84

If it happens from time to time, I wouldn't worry about it. I've seen similar errors with AdSense ad rendering before. If you are seeing it frequently, though, let us know and we'll ask them what's up.

I'm not sure why this would mean Hubbers get accused of click fraud, though. You'll have to elaborate on that! smile

2. earner profile image86
    earnerposted 4 years ago

I, too, have seen this on multiple occasions in the last 2-3 days.

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image84

I asked our AdSense rep and she said that, as far as she knew, this was not a system-wide issue. She did point out that normally when it's an error of this type in the ad spot itself it's a problem with the advertiser's graphic, or the user's browser.

I will keep you guys posted if I learn anything more!

working