jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Having problems with duplicates

1. iamjingle profile image61
    iamjingleposted 4 years ago

Hello y'all, I have recently tried to publish an article on the History of Tae Kwon Do. The main reason that I took the time out to write this was because I did not find any complete and chronologically ordered articles on this topic anywhere. In the article, I wrote about the very origin of Tae Kwon Do as a name and its predecessors before its subdivisions and covered a millenia worth of events. The article I wrote is history, so it has a lot of facts and stats that are also located in many places though not all at the same place (links and references were added to my article). Sorry if the wording is throwing you off, I just got home from work and am rather tired. So my problem is, I cannot exactly rewrite and change history. What do I do to get this published? I have considered scrapping my hubpages completely and starting over in another blog spot. Please and Thank you for your time.

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

A substantial part of your Hub appears to be copied from this article, and other parts from others.  It looks like you acknowledge some of your sources, which is good, but that doesn't give you license to copy or closely paraphrase their work, and on HubPages that wouldn't be allowed even if you did have their permission to do so.

If you write something that is truly original, with occasional quotes from other sources you are unlikely to run into duplicate content problems.

iamjingleposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you! and yes, I did ask permission from Dr. Daeshik Kim and Grand Master San Yoon themselves too.

2. reviewstop profile image60
    reviewstopposted 4 years ago

The best thing you can do is to test your text with a plagiarism checker before posting. You can see a detailed hub about unique content here: http://reviewstop.hubpages.com/hub/how- … ue-content .
    The best checker that I found it is here: - http://  smallseotools.com/plagiarism-checker/ -
    If you have your text unique more than 80% you are good to go . I recommend 100%.

iamjingleposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks! this was very helpful!

1. reviewstop profile image60
        reviewstopposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Glad to help

working