jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Is is allowed to post one's hubpages article on their own blog after?

1. drumweaver profile image79
    drumweaverposted 4 years ago

Is is allowed to post one's hubpages article on their own blog after?

Once someone has posted an original article here on hubpages, is it okay to...Is it okay to post that same hubpages article (of one's own) on their own website or blog?

2. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

Even if it's your hub and your blog, HP will flag your hub as duplicate content.

3. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

No. As sheilamyers said, HubPages will flag your content as being a duplicate and/or copied content. Both tags will hurt your presence here. Your best bet would be to provide a small description of your hub on your blog with a link to the article on HubPages.

4. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 4 years ago

It's not, although there may still be some old (years old) Hubs that were once duplicates because they were posted before the no-duplicates rule was implemented. 

When the "no-duplicates" rule became a rule, rather than just a suggestion (a few years ago now), Hubs that were duplicates were not included in that rule if they were written/posted before the "effective date" of the rule.  Some may still be published and also "out there" somewhere, although many older Hubs have been moved or deleted.  Other than that, if you're seeing duplicates somewhere there's a good chance the Hub has been stolen.

5. drumweaver profile image79
    drumweaverposted 4 years ago

thank you to all who have replied - with much appreciation - i suspected this tho wasn't clear - i am clear about the other way around where one is not allowed to post their already posted original content onto hubpages...  i also know one of my hubs has been taken/stolen a few times and posted elsewhere on other blogs and sites... what can one do about this? .. does this risk my own hub being flagged now that my content has been taken and posted elsewhere?...  many thanks....wx (((o)))

1. M. T. Dremer profile image96
      M. T. Dremerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You'll have to file a DMCA complaint with google to get stolen articles removed from their search engine. There is an article floating around somewhere about how to do it.

working