Hey guys, so I just recently started making YouTube videos, and this is my first attempt at making a comedy sort of video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KSV-X9QTpg). It seemed a lot better in my head but I don't know how well it transferred over to video lol. I have a few questions though if anyone can help:
- How is the audio, is it clear and understandable?
- How is the pacing, is it too slow/fast?
- Most importantly, does the video make sense, and is it actually funny or is my sense of humor just weird lol
Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
It's awesome that you've started a youtube channel and awesome that you're trying comedy, which is a risk because it can go very wrong, or very right.
Here are some answers you wanted:
- Your audio is great, music and talking. Super clear, good quality sound and good balance between music and voice.
- Pacing was good, it wasn't too fast, I just think that you added a bit too many characters. It might have been funnier if instead of doing the stretch characters, like British guy who spills stuff on himself, you could have more recurring characters so everybody gets to know them a littel more, the blonde girl for example, or frat boy.
- A lot of it does make sense, at least to me (still in college) LIke I mentioned, there are certain characters that are kind of a stretch, but the chinese guy who learned everything in china, seen that a million times in real life. Or the guy who sits down and is like,k ok, this time I'm actually going to do it, and then doesn't. That's kind of what everybody does, so it was really relatable. As I said, focus more on the characters that are true to real life, because they are still funny, instead of trying to find cliched characters. Do you know what I mean?
Hope this helped, and super funny video!
Hi Neerizle. I think it's awesome that you are starting your own video channel. I'll answer your questions, but please don't hate me for my honesty as I have some negatives as well as positives. But, hey, you asked. Right?
(1) The audio is clear and understandable.
(2) The pacing is a little too slow for me. For a non-information video, I think it's best kept to under a minute. Your video is more than two minutes long. Remember that people have short attention spans. Maybe you can cut out some of the characters???
(3) The video makes sense. I think it can still be funny without the profanity. I also think you should read HP rules on this as well if you are planning to use this particular video in a hub. Additionally, I think some people will take offense to your video with the stereotyping.
by Wavie2 years ago
I know that hubpages is strict about violations and copyright but is it a violation to post a youtube video in your hub, which you know includes copyrighted material, which the one uploading the video did not have...
by Sondra Rochelle2 years ago
Something has changed and I am unable to download videos to my hub right now. Before yesterday, this was very easy to do, now I simply cannot figure out what is going on and am unable to download anything!Please...
by Crystal Tatum6 years ago
How do I include a video with my hub without violating copyright law?I'd like to include a video with my next hub but my research on copyright law has left me confused and a bit scared to do that. Though most people...
by Tessa Schlesinger13 months ago
Just curious how it is possible for youtube to direct traffic to one of my hubs...
by LongTimeMother3 years ago
Hi. I'm hoping someone has a spare five minutes (and a good internet connection) to help me please. Because I live off the grid in the Aussie bush and use a slow and unreliable satellite internet connection, I cannot...
by Naomi's Banner5 years ago
How do I download a YouTube video in one of my blogs?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.