jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

amazon affiliate code

1. charlie cheesman profile image68
    charlie cheesmanposted 4 years ago

Have i done something wrong or do i just not understand the amazon link part of hubpages as i have added my code from amazon which i all ready had in too the part in earnings selected some products and added to hub, But When i click on too the amazon product it dose take me to the right product but it dose not have my amazon tracking id it has a hubpages one.  Any ideas?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image74
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Charlie,

Your code is used for a portion of the impressions.

Full entry here.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/maki … y-HubPages
      Amazon
      To earn, Amazon must be active in your Earnings Settings and you must feature Amazon products in your Hubs through the use of Amazon Capsules, or direct links in Text Capsules.

If a clicking visitor purchases qualifying products on your share of the impressions you make 100% of the commission.

http://hubpages.com/faq/#impressions

charlie cheesmanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks matthew but it seems every amazon product on this hub has the hubpages amazon tracking code i clicked on them a few times to see if it changed to mine after say 5 for hubpages then 5 for mine but allways the HP-20 one any ideas it seems fine on any other ones i have on other hubs?
        This is the hub
        http://charliecheesman.hubpages.com/hub … ews-Gerber
        Thanks for the help ..

Charlie,

I just looked at your Hub and see your code in the Amazon capsules.
          That same code appears 50 times in the Hub instance I saw.

Hi matthew yeah it is working now i went in to my amazon affiliate settings and added hubpages and change couple of other settings seems to be good now, Do you know why the code is slightly different ie tag%3Dchefstipscouk-20%26 when threw hubpages and  linkCode=as2&tag=chefstipscouk-20 if i link it?  I was not able to track what people click threw on before only on the ones i used as self made links hopefully that should work now too. thanks again

We use the Amazon API for the capsules.
              I believe they are just two different ways to convey the same affiliate information.

Cool thanks. And i must say what a great site hubpages is i have not been a member for that long but love it, thanks for making it easy and user freindly for someone like me that is dyslexic and not the most computer literate.
                Cheers Buddy,,Stuart

working