jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Inexplicable void in one of my Hubs

1. AppleScripter profile image64
    AppleScripterposted 4 years ago

I have been working on a hub that I used to have on another site on the internet, and published ok, so that is not an issue, but when I went back to it early this morning, I was working on completing a new article and there was a big void below my content and then some empty text, code and photo modules.
    When I set it up, I chose the option to use a template from another hub that I created.

This is the first time that I have experienced this. I can't get rid of that empty area, and if I try to add something new, it wants to appear above previous content. Anyone have an idea as to what is going on with this ?

I was going to delete the hub and start anew. I just wonder if a page can get corrupted so that you cannot correct the problem ?

1. Writer Fox profile image65
      Writer Foxposted 4 years agoin reply to this

This could be a result of how HP positions an ad on your Hub.  You can usually get rid of the blank space by moving more text to the place where the blank space appears on your published Hub.

AppleScripterposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Actually, I was in edit mode when I discovered this. I'm not sure if it appeared the same way as published. I decided in the mean time to unpublish until I got some advice on what to do. I will check it in preview mode first and see before I proceed any further.

Thanks

2. Marina Lazarevic profile image92
      Marina Lazarevicposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hey AppleScripter! Can you post a screenshot of the issue?

Hey,  Marina Lazarevic

Got the issue resolved, it was html-related

3. galleryofgrace profile image82
      galleryofgraceposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You should be able to highlight the empty space and delete it.

2. moonlake profile image90
    moonlakeposted 4 years ago

Have you clicked the HTML and removed any extra <p> I'm sure you have tried that but just thought I would mention it.

I'm afraid it was extra '<p></p>' pairs in my html....oops. Don't know how that happened.

Thanks moonlake and Writer Fox for ideas

1. moonlake profile image90
        moonlakeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It happens all the time and I don't know what causes it.

working