jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (16 posts)

How can I make this hub better?

1. abetterwaytolive profile image81
    abetterwaytoliveposted 3 years ago

This hub just isn't performing as well as my others. Any critique would be appreciated!

http://abetterwaytolive.hubpages.com/hu … nach-Wraps

1. Hippie-Girl profile image60
      Hippie-Girlposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Maybe include the most common seasons or holidays it is made during, and if there is any history about where it came from.

abetterwaytoliveposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Hippie-Girl. I'll give that a shot. I guess a little more elaboration couldn't hurt.

2. Thallia profile image65
      Thalliaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi abetterwaytolive!  This hub is different from your other recipe hubs; it doesn't have an introductory paragraph. 

Good Luck!

Wow. Thank you. I think that is probably it. My score has since gone way up and now all five of my hubs are editors choices, but it is still the lowest performing of the five so I will make that correction and see what happens! Thank you again so much for your input.

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image87
          Anna Marie Bowmanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Remember, just because you edit, doesn't mean it will perform well. I have a few hubs that I edit and edit over and over, and they still don't do well. Others, I have edited, and in a few weeks, they were doing great.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

The picture is not very appealing IMHO

Thank you psycheskinner. I didn't think so either. I really do appreciate that. I think I'm going to try and change it. I guess I'm going to have to wait until I make another batch in a couple weeks though.

1. psycheskinner profile image80
        psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If you can manage to shoot it in daylight or just under strong multiple sources of light (and no flash) I think that helps.

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 3 years ago

A lot of scrolling to do just to read hmm but it's a good hub smile maybe align the pics to the right and text to the left and re-size pics so they're not in a person's face? also, your title is too long, maybe have 'Easy Soup recipe' somewhere?

I like your suggestions. I'll incorporate a couple of these and see if it helps out. Thanks so much for your help!

4. cygnetbrown profile image84
    cygnetbrownposted 3 years ago

I think it would help if you would Put in a background behind the items used and somehow change it so that the two lists are off-set from one another. Also a little introduction before the lists would be helpful as well.

@cygnetbrown: Very good suggestion. I have made this improvement. Let's see if that helps. Thank you very much!

1. cygnetbrown profile image84
        cygnetbrownposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I think it looks much better!

5. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 3 years ago

One cheat wink photo edit some parsley onto that pic of your soup. Take a 'free' pic of parsley, make it's background transparent then paste it as a layer atop your soup pic. We got to remember that rule for chefs tongue keep in mind, 'presentation'.

6. EGamboa profile image85
    EGamboaposted 3 years ago

Posted my 2nd hub, and traffic is almost virtually the same as the first. Is there anything I'm missing that would improve these scores?

working