Joining A Writers Fan Club, Why Do We Have To Rejoin?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)
  1. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

This may be an odd question, but many of us have noticed lately that when we believed we joined each others fan club many months ago, we are no longer there and have to rejoin , is their a time limit on how long you are a fan? Ex: I know that I had joined Jewels fan club and DieDre' months back , however when I went to read a new article , it had asked again if I would like to join their fan club (of course I did rejoin), your assistance would be greatly appreciated. big_smile

AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Can someone answer this question or are we all at a loss for words.smile

1. goldentoad profile image60
        goldentoadposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I've had a couple of mentions about this too. I thought maybe I offended people, but I hear differently. You're on the front of my list, so I'd know if you were gone.

I found it so odd as Eddie Perkins I know I was a fan and then I recived an e-mail from Barb that he has Leukemia and is in the hospital so I sent a prayer on his article and I had to rejoin, which I did not understand. I normally become someone's fan when they become mine,but I feel horrible when I go back and know that I have joined and I am not there. I hope someone can make some sense of it.smile I look for you too and you are still there, thank goodness:D

2. Eric Graudins profile image60
        Eric Graudinsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

So you expect computers and databases to be infallible????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

As far as I know, there is no expiry time limit.
        I'd guess that the problem was some sort of glitch with the database at some stage in the past.

(Of course, someone from Hub Pages will probably arrive, say that this can definitely not happen, and remove me from hub pages. C'est la vie! )
        Cheers,
        Eric G.

P.S LOVE your new pic big_smile

I am certain they are not going to boot you.smile

2. RGraf profile image89
    RGrafposted 15 years ago

I don't know if I have the right answer, but it might have been accidents.  I accidently denied someone as a fan when I was really wanting to look at more of their hubs.  I quickly rectified it.  That might be case with other people.

mmmm... that could be it, but I have found myself there after reading multiple articles and then I disappear.sad  and have to go back and re-join.smile

3. Shirley Anderson profile image70
    Shirley Andersonposted 15 years ago

Oh happy day!  I thought I'd lost my mind, just figured they were all oversights or my memory had failed me, but there have been several that I was sure I was already a fan of.

I thought I lost my mind too as I do have sometimers , but now I know that it isn't that.big_smile

4. Anna Marie Bowman profile image73
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 15 years ago

I have had similar experiences.  I was positive that I had became a fan of someone, then go to their page, and it has the "join so-and-so's fanclub".

5. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 15 years ago

There definitely is not an expiration and you can't be kicked out of someone's fan club, you can only quit it yourself.  It's certainly possible that there is a bug causing fan memberships to be deleted, but we haven't changed anything in that code in quite a while so I suspect that the isolated incidents are the result of accidental clicks or faulty memories.

However if anyone has a specific set of steps to reproduce fan club errant deletions consistently we'll certainly look into it.  It's hard to know where to look otherwise ...

1. B.T. Evilpants profile image60
      B.T. Evilpantsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I have noticed that if I visit someone's profile via the list of hottest hubbers, the join fanclub link is often visible, even though I'm already a fan. If I visit from a link in hubtivity, this is not usually the case. I don't know if that's the issue being discussed, but it has caught me by surprise a few times.

2. AEvans profile image72

Paul: Thank you for explaining and I will see what I can do to get a set of steps to reproduce fan club errant deletions, and if I can't I am certain somebody on HubPages will. smile I know that mine were not accidental clicks, however this may sound silly but what do you mean by faulty memories?smile

6. Jerilee Wei profile image67
    Jerilee Weiposted 15 years ago

I've experienced the same problem too.  Just wondering now how many others have had this happen.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)