jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (17 posts)

Just been recorded for Radio Wales

1. WriteAngled profile image89
    WriteAngledposted 3 years ago

I've just had some clips recorded of me talking for a programme that will go out on Radio Wales in a few days time.

The amusing part of this is that the subject is weather. The person producing the show found my hub on British weather lore and was impressed enough to contact me and ask if I could say a few words on the subject for an upcoming programme.

My hubs bring me no views whatsoever and thus no money, but one of them is providing me with five seconds of fame on Welsh radio.

1. vocalcoach profile image93
      vocalcoachposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Well, congratulations.  Experiences of this caliber can be more rewarding than the mighty dollar smile  One day your grandchildren will treasure the story about how 'grandma' was selected to be on the radio.  Much more important that making a few bucks on HP !

2. profile image0
      Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

That's really exciting. Good for you.

3. CMHypno profile image88
      CMHypnoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations WA and remember that from little acorns mighty oaks do grow.  Your moment of fame could be the first step in an epic journey.  Happy Christmas smile

2. cfin profile image79
    cfinposted 3 years ago

That's very cool. Congratulations.

3. rebekahELLE profile image88
    rebekahELLEposted 3 years ago

I love to hear stories like this.  Enjoy!

4. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 3 years ago

Congratulations! That certainly is better than traffic, though no doubt the traffic would be nice too.

5. HollieT profile image86
    HollieTposted 3 years ago

Congrats, WA. I suppose this event goes to show that it's not always the quantity of people reading your hubs that matters, but the quality of the readership. Lol!

Although money is always good, too smile

6. DzyMsLizzy profile image94
    DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago

Well!  How cool is that?  Congratulations on your "15 minutes of fame"..  (or however long they gave you) LOL
    Seriously--if you were given a tape of the event, it will become a family treasure. 
    You should be most proud of yourself.  I'll bet your Hub Pages views pick up as a result, as well.

7. sallybea profile image97
    sallybeaposted 3 years ago

How wonderful is that - success can come in mysterious ways and from unexpected sources.

8. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image95
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago

Congratulations!  What a great holiday boost!

9. janshares profile image90
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

Very cool, WriteAngled. Glad to hear something good happened to you. smile  Congrats on receiving due recognition on a good hub.

10. RTalloni profile image86
    RTalloniposted 3 years ago

What a neat thing to have happen!  Keep us posted on the futureā€¦  smile
    Checked out your weather lore hub--fun stuff!

11. profile image0
    Ghaelachposted 3 years ago

Super, congratulations.
    I did hear somewhere that somedody wrote a short story, was spotted by some TV bod and then adapted for the TV. So one never knows, you've just got to keep on going.
    Hope your weather predictions turned out right.
    LOL Ghaelach

12. suzettenaples profile image89
    suzettenaplesposted 3 years ago

Congratulations and how fun to be 'discovered' on HP.  The world is your oyster now!  You just never know what subject will be interesting and important to someone else.  This is such a feather in your cap and I hope it helps you in your writing career.

13. suzettenaples profile image89
    suzettenaplesposted 3 years ago

Congratulations and how fun to be 'discovered' on HP.  The world is your oyster now!  You just never know what subject will be interesting and important to someone else.  This is such a feather in your cap and I hope it helps you in your writing career.

14. Robin profile image
    Robinposted 3 years ago

What a fantastic Hub!  I can see why you were recruited.  smile  If you can get a recording of the program, you should share it with us or add it to your Hub.  Congratulations and have a great holiday!

working