jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Would appreciate some advice

1. DamienAlexander profile image61
    DamienAlexanderposted 3 years ago

I've just published my first hub and I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to spend a few minutes to check it out and give me any advice you can think of on how to make it better, and also perhaps suggest some things in general I could improve for my future hubs -- thanks a lot (:

1. mochirajackson profile image60
      mochirajacksonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Damien,

Congratulations on publishing your first hub. I've been here just over 2 weeks now and it can be quite addictive! Overall I think you've done a great job.

A couple of things I would have found useful would be  a video that maybe shows what the games are like (see if there is anything you can embed from Youtube) and maybe some links or other instructions on where to get the apps - do they make them for windows phones? etc.
      I thought you did a great job of explaining the games, though. Keep up the good work.

2. DamienAlexander profile image61

Thank you for the tips -- there are plenty of videos on those games I could embed, however I was not sure whether I am allowed to put other peoples' videos in my hubs. I will certainly put information on how to obtain the games asap: they are all pc games although most of them will work on macs as well.

Cheers!

1. mochirajackson profile image60
      mochirajacksonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Damien,

Yes, it's fine to embed videos from YouTube in your hubs, as long at the video on YouTube lets you share.

Good luck with your hubbing!

3. itsaetos profile image60
    itsaetosposted 3 years ago

Great first hub! I suggest writing an introductory paragraph before starting off with the main content.

Keep up the good work!

DamienAlexanderposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks -- it was something I considered but it felt too much like hard work at the time :p I guess I'll chuck that in at some point soon as well.

4. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years ago

Welcome to HubPages. It is a great first hub.  I too recommend adding an introduction.  Also when I first started, I wasn't sure if The Impossible Game was a name or a description.  I would make it clear from the beginning that it is the name.  Please also add links to the games - I want to try the Impossible Game!

DamienAlexanderposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hehe absolutely smile

5. DamienAlexander profile image61

Thanks to everyone for all the advice -- I've followed it all! smile Much appreciated!

working