jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Expired But Not Cancelled Work Permit

1. profile image58
    manik babaposted 3 years ago

Sir,
                I had worked in UAE for 1 year...Sep.2009 to sep.2010 & I came back to India on leave but failed to return. Now work permit (3yrs) is expired but not cancelled..am i eligible to get visa & to work in Bahrain without any problem... if singed job agreement for Bahrain.., please reply soon

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

No.  You need a current work permit and entry visa.

3. profile image58

Sir,
       Please provide clear answer..........i had worked in UAE for one year(15TH SEP2009 TO 14TH SEP2010) on 3yrs work permit (VALID UP TO 14TH SEP 2012) of scaffold-er Laborer and i came back to India on annual leave after surrender my Pataka or ID,...due to familiar problem i did not go back to UAE on work ..., now that work permit is totally invalid and expired but it is on my passport without of official cancellation ...now i want to go to Bahrain to work and i have an offer for which i am in processing ...but i am too much worried about to get visa because of GCC county or due to lack of knowledge..., can i work and get work permit ......Please help me on this topic and provide me answer as soon as possible thanking for yours attention.

4. Mark Lees profile image88
    Mark Leesposted 3 years ago

Manik, you need a CURRENT and valid work permit to work the UAE.

It is possible to work on a tourists VISA provided you and your employer are completing the expected steps to get a work VISA, a process which can take up to three months (according to a friend of mine who worked there last year and who had to wait for the work VISA to come through).

5. profile image58

Thanks lee,
                      ......whats yours view on 2nd part of my question can i get  work visa of Bahrain or for any other GCC ..

6. Mark Lees profile image88
    Mark Leesposted 3 years ago

Hi Manik,

I am not an expert but it looks liek the rules are similar. I found this website which has some info you might find useful:

http://www.abroadindians.com/news/work-visa/68

1. profile image58
      manik babaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for yours response Mark,

working