jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Please help! I was told I don't qualify for FED ED because I worked a 2.5 week

1. profile image46
    nana5posted 7 years ago

Please help!  I was told I don't qualify for FED ED because I worked a 2.5 week temp assignment...

and they  made me file a regular claim back in April.  I was told after the money was used from the claim I would go back to whatever extension I was on and things would continue as normal.  Now all of a sudden I am being told I don't qualify! 
    How can they deny me FED ED based on a 2.5 week temp assignment!  I have been unemployed for 2 years now and if they don't give me FED ED I will be on the streets!
    It sounds like some kind of scam or something.  They make you file a regular claim, tell you after it's done you go back to your extension and then use the claim to deny you benefits.
    The el

2. justom profile image69
    justomposted 7 years ago

Yeah, they did the same thing to a friend of mine. Told him he'd get another 20 weeks and a few weeks later told him he didn't qualify. They should have bailed out the people instead of the banks, people need and spend money, banks hoard it. Good luck!

3. Jillian Barclay profile image82
    Jillian Barclayposted 7 years ago

You need to contact your State Assemblyman's office and ask for help getting this straightened out. They will usually respond within 24 hours and they can cut through the red tape and help with things you may not understand. I have had great experience with my State Assemblyman's office with other issues.

4. kickinit profile image80
    kickinitposted 7 years ago

sorry i did not see your question until just now.. it sounds like they are confused.. if it is not to late try to call them and explain the situation. sometimes i had to talk to a couple different people to get what i needed because not everyone there is knowledgeable. i hope everything works out for you..do well