jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

RESOLVED: Brief Problems Pinning from HubPages [AM 3/24]

1. Writer Fox profile image56
    Writer Foxposted 3 years ago

I'm experiencing problems trying to pin to Pinterest from HubPages.  Pinterest shows this: "Whoops! We're having some trouble talking to s2 hubimg.com.  Please try again later!" Sometimes it says: "Sorry, we could not fetch the image."

1. eugbug profile image99
      eugbugposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I haven't received these messages, however I do have problems on occasions when clicking on either the pin or tweet buttons on hubs produces no results. The mouse cursor should change from an arrow to a hand when hovering over these buttons, but when I have this problem, it stays as an arrow.  Presumably caused by a bug in the piece of code which handles the mouse over event (I just tried pinning a hub and this happened again). You are probably aware that you can pin using the pin button on one of your toolbars. In Firefox, it is located on the toolbox toolbar which you can bring up by selecting View - Toolbars

2. zsobig profile image84
      zsobigposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Same with me - I am unable to pin to Pinterest directly from HubPages.
      A few days ago I have seen the same issue, but after the 3rd try it was gone and everything was fine again, but now I've been trying for quite a long time and no success.
      Sadly, I have experienced issues with the Like button in the past days as well, they seem to come and go from the hubs.
      Hopefully HP staff si aware of these problems and we will get a solution soon.

Writer Foxposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for letting me know that you are having the same problem.  Maybe the staff will respond to this forum thread.

3. Matthew Meyer profile image76
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I heard back from our engineering team and there was a brief issue with image server responsiveness earlier today.
      That should now be resolved.
      Please let me know if you do have any further issues.

Writer Foxposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks!  I just tried to pin and it worked just fine.  When I was unable to pin earlier, I think California was on sleeping time.

1. zsobig profile image84
          zsobigposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Same here, I finally managed to pin my latest hub to my board.
          Hopefully this problem was just a one-time thing, so we don't have to worry about it smile.

Closed to reply

working