jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Traffic Source Question

1. profile image0
    LisaKeatingposted 3 years ago

When I look at my traffic sources, one line say hubpages.com and another has my name then hubpages.com. Can someone explain how these are different? Thanks.

1. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I think the one that's just hubpages.com is from people who click on the links when browsing the hub categories. If it has your name before the hubpages.com, those are views from people who clicked on links to your hubs on your profile page, a link you put in one of your other hubs, or the "next" and "previous" links if you have your hubs in groups. Occasionally, you'll get a source with someone else's name before the hubpages.com and those are from links to your hubs that person has put within their hub.

1. Writer Fox profile image78
        Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Those can also be from the list of 'Related Hubs' at the bottom of a Hub.

2. RachaelOhalloran profile image85
      RachaelOhalloranposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Your Vintage Booth Antiques Mall hub will not have your name in the URL line because it was chosen as Hub of the Day. Your Delectable Collectible hub has another accolade which we can't see but you can - possible it is Editor's Choice.

Any of your other hubs if they were chosen as Editor's Choice or other accolade, your name is removed from the URL and it will just show as hubpages.com.

You will still get income and view counts from the hub, but it moves into a different niche in the Hubpages hub lineup in the different categories (topics).

1. profile image0
        sheilamyersposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Rachel. I didn't know about the URL change for HOD and Editor's Choice.

2. profile image0
    LisaKeatingposted 3 years ago

Thanks for the answers. That really helps.

working