Want a higher ranking? Some people will disagree, but my opinion is that you get better ranking by using Google + (and hence more traffic) if you have your hub +1'd multiple times. Google pluses are shown by many people to be more effective than Facebook likes, as Google places top emphasis on its own social network. There are less people on Google + than Facebook, but engagement on it carries more weight in helping hubs. The more +1s, the merrier!
How to get your hub featured on What The Hub's Google + page:
1. Only funny, interesting, weird or unusual hubs, of interest to the general public should be posted, otherwise they will be deleted. No informational hubs or sales hubs unless they fit this criteria please!
2. Join Google +. Fill out your profile.
3. When you are logged in to Google +, look on the left side and hover over the "Profile" button. Click on "Communities". On the right side, type in "What the hub?" where it says "search communities". Or you can just click on this link when logged in: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities … 5838626909
4. Join the community. It might take a little while with this, as I have to "allow" you. But I will as soon as I am on there next, which is usually daily!
5. After you've been accepted to the community, post your hub url where it says "share what's new". A photo/link should pop up automatically. Then delete the URL in the top text box and write a comment or leave it blank. If no photo/link pops up, just leave the URL there. Choose the "hubs" section to post it, then click "share". Congratulations, your hub is on Google +!
6. Click the +1 button on some other people's hubs and keep the page rolling. If everyone who posts +1's a few hubs they like, we'll all be swimming in better ranked hubs!
Note - the moderation on this page involves deleting hubs that are not suitable. When you post your hub here, it will be visible immediately. Thank you to everyone who has already joined this page
by JessBraz3 years ago
So I was bored and decided I would Google some of the topics of a few of my most recent hubs... Two of them popped up on the FIRST PAGE!! WHHHHHAAAAATTT?!??! lol. Sorry, I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place for...
by Shauna L Bowling21 months ago
I recently had a hub un-featured for engagement, as the half-circle indicates. I think this is an unfair practice and should be eliminated entirely. Here's why I feel this way:Our hub traffic is often affected by the...
by sabrebIade7 years ago
I just did a Hub and looked and it was listed in Google within minutes of being published!I know this happens, but I have seen Hubs take hours, weeks and days to get listed.I did something different, and I will try to...
by Bible Studies6 years ago
I got into an interesting discussion on another thread, and thought it would make a good thread itself. The question of the day is how do you feel about other hubbers clicking on an ad in your hubs?Personally I really...
by Christy Kirwan4 years ago
Howdy y’all! I’m Christy, the Topic Queen. I’m delighted to meet you and very excited to be the new Weekly Topic Inspiration leader. I can’t wait to see the awesome Hubs you write for me!From now on, the Weekly...
by GA Anderson4 years ago
subtitle: MY rant on social media HUBSPAM!You hear it everywhere - Social media is where it's at! If you want mega traffic you have to look at using social media!But for you hub dummies out there that prompted this...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.