jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Strange hub scores

1. Amy Naylor profile image82
    Amy Naylorposted 3 years ago

The most successful hub I've had so far in terms of views, engagement, and comments has the lowest hubscore. I'm not particularly fussed, the hub is doing well and I'm pleased about that, but I'm just confused as to how that number can be raised. How exactly does it work?

1. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't worry about the hubscore too much unless it's way below 70. Hubscores don't make you money, views do. Many hubbers have the same issue, my best hub is not my highest scoring hub.

Amy Naylorposted 3 years agoin reply to this

So it's nothing to be concerned about then. Thanks

2. profile image0
      Hillary Maridesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

My hub score is 61 but I only wrote my first hub May 19 so at this point I should take it with a grain salt right?

1. Cardisa profile image91
        Cardisaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You only joined 7 days ago and have one hub. You need to give your hubberscore/profile score time to mature.

2. DATALOAD profile image61
    DATALOADposted 3 years ago

It's possible that your hub ranked well in Google, and that's where your engagement is coming from. You can check by going to MyAccount > TrafficSources.

Another possibility is that your hub is showing up in the "related posts" area of a hub that's doing well. Meaning, anytime someone looks at that hub, there's a link to yours as well.

All my traffic is currently coming from within the HP community as I'm still quite new here. Apparently it takes a while to go up in the Google rankings.

3. Jayne Lancer profile image91
    Jayne Lancerposted 3 years ago

High scores are always nice to have, but they don't seem to mean a lot as far as earning money is concerned--my best performing hub has a very mediocre score, whereas my worst performing hub has a very high one. Go figure.

It seems quite bizarre to me, and relatively pointless unless you're a stats fanatic!

4. brakel2 profile image84
    brakel2posted 3 years ago

Hub score is based on quality after it passes QAP. It may start off low and then allegedly goes up based on traffic.

Ahh ok I see now. Thank you for your help!

working