jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

How do you change the picture displayed on Social Media?

1. profile image84
    barrierbreakerposted 3 years ago

Sometimes I change pictures and titles to my blogs to make them more appealing when I share them on social media, but I've noticed that sometimes the picture and title remains as the original when I do this sharing for a couple days, and other times it changes instantly.  I can revise titles and display pictures on the hub itself, but how do I expedite the process of getting it changed for when I share it on social media?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image73
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

There is no blanket answer as the various social media networks handle this differently. The best practice is to have your Hub finalized before you share it on social media as some networks will not check the images on future posts once it has been initially shared.

1. profile image84
        barrierbreakerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Do you know anything about Facebook, specifically?

Facebook seems to cache the page content as it appeared the first time it was shared and does not update the content each time it is subsequently shared.
          Make sure to wait until your Hub has been reviewed by the QAP before sharing it, that way you can avoid the unpublished info being cached.

For any URL you can also check that the information is being passed to Facebook correctly.
          You can check your Hub or other URLs here.

https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug

1. profile image84

Wow!  Thank you.  That was very helpful.

Glad to help!

2. Matthew Meyer profile image73

I have not been able to test this, but it looks like it could be useful.
      http://www.insivia.com/so-how-do-i-chan … ail-image/

2. The Examiner-1 profile image80
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

Do you mean when you edit/update your Hubs here and change the picture(s) they do not change on the social sites?

1. profile image84

Well, I usually share on Facebook.  Sometimes it changes immediately, sometimes it takes a couple days.  Not sure what the difference is.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image80
        The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago in reply to this

If it changes then I would not worry about it, unless you want to post your Hub again. It may have to do with the QAP here or a delay on Facebook.

working