jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

Probably too late to do anything, but I'm still ticked re Locked Lens

1. Lionrhod profile image89
    Lionrhodposted 3 years ago

So after coming back from my computer crash, learning we'd moved to HP and then finding out that my Scary Death Card lens had been locked, I did through my mail and finally locate their email about it.

Their excuse? They accused me of "low quality content" and possible "spun content" and "possible plagiarism."

And on top of that, announced that any of my earnings would be donated to charity.

Yes, I realize it's my fault for having a broken computer and not being able to access my email.

But what really has me fuming is that every single word on that page was original. (As was the only photo.) I didn't even do any research to write that page, other than my 39 years of studying the Tarot.

I don't suppose there's anyone I can still yell at, is there?

1. Paula Atwell profile image82
      Paula Atwellposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I would guess those are automatic filters, not people judging you. Have you tried emailing the team here and asking? Is it possible other people have copied your content elsewhere and it is showing up as duplicate?

Lionrhodposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Any idea who I can contact? Not sure who the team is any more.

2. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That sucks!  Hopefully you have a copy of it saved and can manually make a hub out of it.

Fortunately it ported over here and I was able to re-publish, but now I've lost my original pub date and apologies, I'm a little whiny.

My earnings on that hub probably only amounted to a few cents, but it's the principle that's got me bummed.

2. Arachnea profile image82
    Arachneaposted 3 years ago

Social media is always a good place to rant. Sometimes I go on a tirade in my facebook and then set it to be seen only by me.  Hee, hee. Sorry you had to deal with this. I know I tried to message you to let you know as I'd not seen you over here yet. But, in spite of your aggravating experience, I'm glad you skittered over before the garage door closed.  big_smile

Thanks for trying to contact me, even if I couldn't receive it. Yeah, I'm very happy to be here.

Even more now that someone (probably some stupid machine) has accused me of possible plagiarism. Grrr. In over 4 decades of writing, I've never once been accused of "low quality content."

3. Fiorenza profile image79
    Fiorenzaposted 3 years ago

Possibly you got caught in the mass lockup.  A few weeks before we were told the plug was being pulled, masses of lens were locked, long original articles that had never had a problem before.  When we went on the forum (I had 3 affected myself), Bonnie said it was a mistake and if we emailed her, she would get it sorted out.  I did, and she unlocked them.  Don't know if she would be answering her email now of course and I guess it's too late to get it reimported and save its original date, but that could be the explanation.

The date on the Lock notice is July 29, so probably not something to do with the move to HP.

4. Paula Atwell profile image82
    Paula Atwellposted 3 years ago

team@hubpages.com

Ah! I thought you meant the old Squidoo team. I think they're the only ones who might be able to tell me why on earth they thought my content was spun. Am I wrong?

1. Paula Atwell profile image82
        Paula Atwellposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I made the assumption that you got that message here. If not, then yes, Squidoo would need to answer.

Apologies. Looked back at my OP and I wasn't clear.

working