jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Trying to edit old Squidoo lenses to meet Hubpages requirements.

1. goldenrulecomics profile image80
    goldenrulecomicsposted 3 years ago

Hello. I'm trying to figure out how to edit my old Squidoo lenses to meet Hubpages, mainly because they are being warned as being overly promotional. So I open one to edit, eliminate all the links the hub warns about. Ok, what is the next step? It still won't publish, and I don't see what else I can do it.
    I can't figure it out -- it's a book review and the only link that's still there is to the book on Amazon. I've eliminated all the other links.
    I can't even find how to ask Hub for more details.
    Any help/guidance would be great.
    Thanks.

2. rebekahELLE profile image88
    rebekahELLEposted 3 years ago

When you click Publish, what happens?

3. goldenrulecomics profile image80
    goldenrulecomicsposted 3 years ago

Hello. Thank you for the quick reply. I've just noticed the sentence at the end of this paragraph, which might be my answer:

``This Hub has been identified as excessively promoting another site or sites. It may contain too many links, links on short or “teaser” content, too many Amazon/eBay capsules for the amount of text, over-use of keywords and/or phrases, or appears solely designed to procure back links. In order to have it republished, you will need to remove some or all of the links and/or revise or add to the content.

If you would like to make changes to the Hub in order to make it less promotional, please do so and then click the Submit for Publication button. We will review your Hub, and if appropriate, republish it. This process can take up to 72 hours. Hubs without substantial improvement will not be republished, and we will be monitoring any changes made to Hubs after republication.

This Hub has been submitted for publication, and will be published once it has been reviewed by the administrator.''

So it looks like I have to wait to find out if I did what was needed. Thanks again.

4. rebekahELLE profile image88
    rebekahELLEposted 3 years ago

Yes, that's your answer.  I looked at a couple of your hubs and you will have the same editing to correct the number of links and product capsules.  Otherwise, I'm sure your topics will do fine.  I hope all goes well for you with the editing process.

1. goldenrulecomics profile image80
      goldenrulecomicsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the encouragement. It'll take some time but I'm sure things will work out -- then I can start doing new hubs!

working