jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Rising Stars Voting Not Available in Mobile Format

1. JMGadoury profile image82
    JMGadouryposted 2 years ago

I use an iPhone 4 for 90% of my browsing activity.  I noticed that my hub, nominated for Rising Stars, was not visible when I visited the hub topic page from my mobile Safari browser.  I promoted my nomination on FB and received a comment from a follower indicating she could not locate the place to vote for my hub.

From home, using Firefox browser, I immediately found the vote at the topic page.

I am assuming that the Rising Stars voting process is not available in mobile format.  If this is true, then promotion of the Rising Stars program should include a notice that the Rising Stars program is not optimized for mobile.

I would appreciate if someone who knows can confirm this.  Or, suggest a way to view the Rising Stars program in mobile format.

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image83
      Marina Lazarevicposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for bringing this up, JMGadoury! Let me consult with Christy Kirwan or an engineer that's more familiar with the Rising Stars program to see if this is a bug or expected behavior. I hope to have an answer for you soon!

2. JMGadoury profile image82

Thank you Marina.

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image83
      Marina Lazarevicposted 2 years ago in reply to this

So, this *is* expected behavior and voting for Rising Stars on mobile was never an option. I agree that we should add a notice letting people know that they can only vote on web. Thank you for the suggestion!

3. JMGadoury profile image82

Thanks for the research and confirmation.  I will add that I run a business where traditional web traffic is rapidly being replaced by mobile web traffic.  My market segment has moved!  What an incredible challenge we face as entrepreneurs just to remain relevant. Again thanks for your response.

working