jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (22 posts)

How do I nominate someone as a Rising Star on HP?

1. Faith Reaper profile image89
    Faith Reaperposted 5 years ago

How do I nominate someone as a Rising Star on HP?

I went to the learning center and it said to go to the topics page, but I am sorry I do not see where to nominate.  Plus I read the email and it just says go to the Learning Center.  Is the topic page, the one under our own account?  I just need to know where and how to specifically nominate someone as Rising Star.  I am sorry for this question.  Thanks.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image93
    Millionaire Tipsposted 5 years ago

The email that I received says that you can nominate hubs for the Hub of the Day by sending an email to Simone Smith.  Go to simonesmith.hubpages.com, click on fans, there is a link for email there.

Here's the direct link.
    http://simonesmith.hubpages.com/#email

1. DS Duby profile image93
      DS Dubyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

She said rising star not hub of the day

2. Faith Reaper profile image89
      Faith Reaperposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much!!!

3. Faith Reaper profile image89
    Faith Reaperposted 5 years ago

Oops that is correct,  D S Duby, Rising Star is what I want to know, unless Hub of the Day is now Rising Star?

1. Farmer Rachel profile image99
      Farmer Rachelposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Rising Star is what Hubnugget used to be; HOTD is still a separate staff-picked hub smile

2. Millionaire Tips profile image93
      Millionaire Tipsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I wasn't trying to imply that Rising Star and Hub of the Day was the same program, simply that the announcement about the Rising Star stated that you could  nominate someone for Hub of the Day.  You could contact Simone to see if it applied to both.

Thanks Farmer Rachel and for the additional comment Millionaire Tips.

4. Daisy Mariposa profile image87
    Daisy Mariposaposted 5 years ago

The Rising Star program has replaced the HubNuggets program. It is a now  HubPages-run rather than a community-run porgram.

You can read all about the Rising Star program here ...

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Rising-Star-Program

Unless you work for HubPages, it doesn't appear that you can nominate someone's Hub for consideration for a Rising Star accolade.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image93
      Millionaire Tipsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You can still vote for the winner.  See the topics page for this week:
      http://hubpages.com/topics/arts-and-design/2
      I'm not sure how you would know which topics to look for to vote though.

2. Faith Reaper profile image89

Oh, okay, I have read that, but I was under the impression hubbers could vote on a Rising Star, but now it makes since as to why there is no way to vote from the page.

5. DS Duby profile image93
    DS Dubyposted 5 years ago

you  might also want to keep in mind that you can only be nominated during your first 6 months on hubpages

Right, I have a new hubber in mind, who has only been here a short while, but I believe as Daisy has indicated, only those who work for Hub Pages can nominate.  Oh well.  I do so appreciate your answer.

2. Daisy Mariposa profile image87
      Daisy Mariposaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

One of the changes HubPages made when the program was revised was to change the "6 months" to "60 days."

"To qualify as someone whose Hubs might be nominated as Rising Star candidates, a Hubber must have joined fewer than 60 days ago and have a HubS

Well, now I have another hubber in mind, so that makes two who deserve this award so much.  I pray the HP staff nominates them, so I may vote on them, as Daisy has indicated above.

4. DS Duby profile image93
      DS Dubyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Guess that rule time limit was changed to stop people like me who won multiple times. Oh well I won more than my fare share I guess

5. Faith Reaper profile image89

Well, congratulations D S Duby!!!  That is awesome dear one.

6. Goody5 profile image77
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

In the past a group of HubNugget's volunteers have been in charge of the nomination process. I'm not sure if this is now any different since the name has been changed to the Rising Star program.

Thanks so much for the answer, and I believe that is correct now, as Daisy above has indicated.  I read that link before asking the question, and now I see why there is no way for just hubbers to nominate, only HP employees.

2. Daisy Mariposa profile image87
      Daisy Mariposaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You can't nominate someone as a Rising Star, but you can vote after the nominations have been announced.

7. profile image0
    rgmg50posted 5 years ago

Faith Reaper, I am glad you asked this question, now I also now the answer thereto. Who is this hubber you want to nominate? I would love to know so that I can read his/her hubs.

Well he is a poet,and I went to Simone's Forum on "Have you nominated someone as Rising Star, but there is no category for poets, just the "How to do something hubbers."  So, that is that.  Thanks.

working