jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

New Subcategory Request

1. Arachnea profile image83
    Arachneaposted 3 years ago

On the "Books, Literature, and Writing" subject it would be helpful to have short stories as an option. Poems and Poetry, and Novels and Books are already available to select.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image75
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Here is the full list as well.
      http://hubpages.com/topics/tree

Arachneaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm. Thank you. LIke I mention above, I wouldn't have expected it to be located there.

1. Jodah profile image88
          Jodahposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I agree, it is often quite difficult to find the sub-categories you are looking for. They aren't always under the topics you'd expect them to be.

Ha! I've noticed. But I'm sure there's a reason. I've just not sussed it out yet.

2. Lionrhod profile image88
            Lionrhodposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Sadly not in the least bit.

If there's anything on HP that's making me a bit crazy, this is it.

I'm hoping they will (without messing present folks up) rethink their very non-intuitive category disaster. Err... structure.

Seriously about my only and biggest complaint about HP.

Attracting the opposite sex doesn't need to be separated by "attracting men" or "attracting women." Because of this division there's basically no place for a  gender/ persuasion neutral article that refuses to take a homo/hetero  or male/female slant, but recognizes that all humans have things in common. LGBT romance issues don't need to be apart unless they're specifically LGBT issues.

Issues of paganism/Wicca/witchcraft also probably don't need division. We recognize that the general public sees us as one big envelope and it might actually be easier to be found in that one big envelope.Yeah it's nifty that the site kind of recognizes the difference between Asatru and Druidism and Wicca/Witchcraft. Except that there are many different definitions, and where do our pages belong? For example the differences between Wicca and witchcraft are so challenging as to be confusing even between ourselves.

I feel we'd be much better served with one large Pagan/Wicca/Witchcraft  section than several smaller ones, despite that I appreciate the respect offered to each tradition.

The list is rather convoluted by appearance, Lionrhod, I'll give you that, counter-intuitive in terms of cataloging as well. I'm thinking there is a reason it is compiled as it is. Since I'm not behind the scenes, I have no way of knowing.

2. Jodah profile image88
    Jodahposted 3 years ago

There already is Arachnea:
    Books, Literature, and Writing → Commercial and Creative Writing → Creative Writing → Short Stories

Thanks. I had expected it to be located more closely to poems and poetry etc.

working