jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Unfeatured Hubs Showing on Profile Page

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years ago

A while ago, after some Google change, HubPages offered the chance to let us choose whether to show our unfeatured hubs on the profile page.  The reasoning was to keep Google from seeing any hubs Google didn't like, so that it would see the entire subdomain as high quality.

I decided to not put my unfeatured hubs on the profile page, even though my unfeatured hubs are only due to lack of traffic, and if they aren't shown there, they don't stand a chance to get any traffic.

When I look at my profile page now, though, the unfeatured hubs are shown, even though the setting clearly says I don't want them shown.

This seems to be a technical problem, unless HubPages is testing to see how displaying the unfeatured content affects traffic.

I'm still not sure whether showing unfeatured hubs is a bad thing or not, so I don't know if it matters.

1. lobobrandon profile image84
      lobobrandonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Anyway the unfeatured hubs have a no-index tag so it doesn't really matter. The setting was set to not show by default in order to prevent people from viewing your low quality posts (Not for us - the many other spammy writers who join). At least that's the way I see it.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hi MT,

Which Hub is showing up on your profile, despite being unFeatured?

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
        Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry Christy.  Apparently these hubs are now featured.  They have been unfeatured for so long, and I assumed they were crappy hubs because I didn't find the time to fix them yet that I didn't think they would get featured. My mistake.

Christy, do you know from the stats what kind of effect hiding the unfeatured hubs generally has on traffic?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
          Christy Kirwanposted 3 years agoin reply to this

No problem!

As to the traffic question, unFeatured Hubs should not be affecting your search traffic. If the Hub is not Featured for quality issues, it's possible that making it visible to readers may cause them to give you a lower rating, but that's unlikely to happen so often that Google will rank you differently.

working