jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)

Advice for New Hubbers

1. Carol McCullough profile image76
    Carol McCulloughposted 3 years ago

I'm new to Hubpages and would like to ask advice. I mostly write about Autism Spectrum, because I have twin 3yr old twin boys diagnosed with Autism. Writing about ASD is a passion for me, I have heard several people say that it is very hard to write about health topics and gain google search traffic, and get approved for a Google Adsense account. I aslo write about women health issues, and well-being of children. Can any one give me advice on gaining search traffic with health related Hubs? How long does it normally take for Google Adsense to approve your account? Thanks

1. Millionaire Tips profile image93
      Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure, but I don't think that Google looks at your traffic when deciding whether to give you an Adsense account.  They basically want to know that you aren't up to any bad tricks.  You can write about anything you want.  They look at the age of your account - a month or more is good, and the amount of your content.  You should have written a good number of hubs. I think I have read that 10 or more is good.

To gain search traffic on health related hubs, you have to answer questions that the big health sites don't.  I recommend that since you have real life experience, you teach people how to cope with real life issues. The health sites may tell you that drug a b and c are available for this issue and here are the side effects, but you can say, we tried these, and A one works better for me and B made me sleepy, and C was too big to swallow easily, etc, but I found a way to solve the issue without medication. Here's what I did.

Join forums where people talk about these topics and drop a link now and then. Be sure to actively participate on those sites so you aren't a spammer.

Carol McCulloughposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Great, thanks for the input, now I have a better understanding of Google Adsense and how it works.

2. sparkster profile image94
    sparksterposted 3 years ago

Personally I think by writing about Autism Spectrum Disorder here you might do quite well - as long as you have great insightful infornation to share (which I'm sure you do).  Health topics, especially mental health topics, actually do very well here at Hubpages.  My hubs on mental illnesses (mostly personality disorders) are what brings in 90% of my income from this site and I reach payout every month and have had hundreds of thousands of views.  Without those mental health articles I would not reach the payout threshold.

Thanks, I will focus more on life experience, that I have with Autism Spectrum.

1. sparkster profile image94
        sparksterposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Also, once you get an Adsense account make sure you integrate it with your Hubpages account - doing so will make a significant difference to your earnings.

3. dyshairobison profile image54
    dyshairobisonposted 3 years ago

im new to

Hi, have you ran into any challenges on Hubpages ?

4. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 3 years ago

You may need as many as 20-25 hubs and an online presence of at least 2 months before Google will approve your Adsense application, so don't get discouraged if you are rejected after a month with 10 hubs.  Just write more and wait more. 

As for getting traffic from Google and other search engines, it's always a good idea to google potential titles to see what you're up against before you write. Overly general titles like "What is Autism" or "How to Care for Autistic Children" are going to be buried by more established sites.  Try to narrow your focus and choose more specific titles. 

When I googled "twins with autism" and "autistic twins" it looked like there wasn't so much competition, so maybe you will find a good niche focusing on the twin aspect. 

Best of luck and welcome to Hubpages!

Thanks for the information and advice, very helpful.

2. Carol McCullough profile image76

Your advice was very helpful, I was approved for Google Adsense. Having more specific hub titles improved my google search results!

5. PinoyMom profile image75
    PinoyMomposted 3 years ago

Just like you I'm also new in Hubpages. I hope this one helps:

<link snipped>

Hi, how has your experience been on Hubpages so far?

6. PinoyMom profile image75
    PinoyMomposted 3 years ago

I'm still planning to publish more hubs.  My Google Adsense account is still under review smile

Ok, thats good, I have been under review about 5 times and was denied, at the time I had 5 hubs, now I have seven after reading everyones advice and tips I may wait to I have 10 hubs to reapply.

working