jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

Kicked off the Internet

1. watergeek profile image92
    watergeekposted 2 years ago

Bummer! Twice in a row I was kicked off the Internet by a Flash Player problem with Hubpages. Same thing happened a couple of days ago. Is this related to ads wanting to play or is it something else?

1. Jodah profile image87
      Jodahposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Not sure what is going on watergeek but the ads on the right side of all my hubs are only showing in code and not loading. There is also an ad under "Related Hubs". It could fool people into clicking on it thinking it is a hub.

1. Jayne Lancer profile image91
        Jayne Lancerposted 2 years agoin reply to this

This is the new 'native' ad: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/127468

1. Jodah profile image87
          Jodahposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for sharing that link Jayne.

2. peachpurple profile image74
      peachpurpleposted 2 years agoin reply to this

maybe the google chrome needs updates. I had this problem too

3. The Examiner-1 profile image75
      The Examiner-1posted 2 years agoin reply to this

watergeek,
      Just yesterday I updated an item which I update regularly so it nothing was different. Until I checked my Programs after the download and found programs which I did not know of which were malware. After un-deleting them from Programs, I did a Boot Scan with my Antivirus to clear the rest.

4. rebekahELLE profile image90
      rebekahELLEposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It sounds like you're referring to the On the Reel video ads on the sidebar.  Have you updated your Flash Player?  When you say kicked off the internet, what happened on the page? Did you get a script message?

1. watergeek profile image92
        watergeekposted 2 years agoin reply to this

No script message, nothing. Just boom, my browser shut off (Safari). Then my computer's notification came on, and I do think it was related to Flash Player. However, I have the latest Flash Player that my computer will handle. It's not Intel-based, so I can't upload the very latest. Meanwhile, it ticks me off that ads using Flash Player can go to that extreme. I didn't click on any of them. I was just reading someone's hub.

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
          paradigmsearchposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I've always despised Adobe for more reasons than I can count. I so wish websites and others wouldn't use them.

2. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago

Needless to say, this thread caused me to check my hubs.

All appears well when using FF and IE. I don't know about Chrome, for some reason it always refuses to get along with my computer and I gave up trying to use it.

Adobe did a recent Flash update, could be relevant or not.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image75
      The Examiner-1posted 2 years agoin reply to this

paradigmsearch,
      My Antivirus found several errors about Google and recommended that I change my browser. It recommended Yahoo!, for me, but I do use AT&T/Yahoo! mail and have AT&T Internet.

3. aesta1 profile image92
    aesta1posted 2 years ago

It may be because you have not updated your Flash player. This happened to me as I have not yet installed the updates for Adobe Flash player but I was not kicked out. I just can't view videos.

working