jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Possible inadvertant ad interaction scenario

1. paradigmsearch profile image93
    paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago

While perusing comments on a hub, the "something wrong" message box suddenly came up. That in itself is no big deal and not what this post is about.

I clicked the "ok" on the message and the message box duly disappeared. But the ad that was directly underneath the message box suddenly expanded. Fortunately, whatever happened didn't cause a following of the ad link.

So, when a message box appears directly over an ad and someone clicks the "ok" button, does an ad interaction result? Only you can decide. smile

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I don't think there is anything to worry about, but if you are concerned you can notify Google AdSense support and let them know.

1. paradigmsearch profile image93
        paradigmsearchposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Nah, thanks. AdSense has stated they don't want to be buried in panicky missives about inadvertent clicks. Besides, it was HP's account code, not mine.big_smile I just thought HP might want to know about this glitch, i.e., if/when an HP message box appears over an ad and we do the required click on it, the ad underneath reacts.

2. paradigmsearch profile image93
    paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago

https://i.imgflip.com/hj5pi.jpg

3. tlcs profile image58
    tlcsposted 2 years ago

I have never seen this comment, i'll be interested to see what others have to say.

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image99
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Twice in the past week, an ad has popped up simply because my cursor was near one. I haven't clicked on anything, but an ad appears.  Of course, I frantically try to click out of it as fast as I can, but I don't like the feeling that this has happened. 

A few weeks ago, a popup ad would appear in the 'Reports' section of a hub - and it was very persistent about not going away.  When you clicked to report a hub violation, the popup window appeared and kept bouncing around.

4. tlcs profile image58
    tlcsposted 2 years ago

That's really odd Marcy I haven't seen that.

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image99
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I saw the popup thing on the Reports section only once - and I wasn't able to get a screen shot.  The other issue has only happened in the past few weeks - and I haven't adjusted any sensitivity settings on my computer. 

Yes, it's odd.  And I don't like worrying that some sort of report with be filed claiming I am clicking ads.

5. colorfulone profile image86
    colorfuloneposted 2 years ago

It sounds like one of my nightmares that I can never quite fully remember when I wake.

6. tlcs profile image58
    tlcsposted 2 years ago

Oh you will soon learn if you have done something inappropriate on hubpages  Marcy don't you worry about that, I did something wrong (not telling you what so please don't ask!) but I wasn't allowed on the forums for two hours! It was like colorfulone says, one of those nightmares that you can never quite fully remember! wink

working