jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

HELP! How to get paid on Hubpages without Paypal, as Paypal!!!

1. Buildreps profile image95
    Buildrepsposted 2 years ago

I believe that is a problem. Maybe you have a good friend in Europe or the US, who can collect it for you and pay you through bank?

1. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 2 years ago

You cannot get paid from HubPages without a PayPal account.  And what Buildreps has suggested is a violation of a variety of TOUs of the services that would be involved in such an arrangement.

1. Buildreps profile image95
        Buildrepsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Does this sound fair to you, Relache? 60% of the population lives from less than $2 a day, and we cannot help someone because we're violation some TOS lol  What a strange world. I don't care nothing about the TOS if it was helping someone in one of the poorest countries earning a dime.
        Please don't toss only problems and obstacles. At least come up with a suggestion as well...

1. Writer Fox profile image78
          Writer Foxposted 2 years agoin reply to this

The reason Pakistanis can't receive money through PayPal is that the government in Pakistan doesn't allow it.  PayPal actually wants to do business there.  The only way this will change is when the government changes its mind.

Someone trying to circumvent this decision right now can end up in jail for money-laundering.

However, income can be earned on HP through a personal AdSense account instead of the HP Ad Program. 

(The average salary in Pakistan is about $25 a day.  But, that goes a long way in Pakistan. Average monthly rental for a one bedroom apartment in the city center is $166USD and outside the city center is $107USD. In the U.S., those averages are $950 and $748.)

1. colorfulone profile image91
            colorfuloneposted 2 years agoin reply to this

That is very interesting, educational really. I hope for the sake of the people, that the Pakistan gov will have a change of heart.

2. Buildreps profile image95
            Buildrepsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your always helpful reply, Writer Fox.

2. relache profile image86
          relacheposted 2 years agoin reply to this

What I think is fair is irrelevant.  Running afoul of legalities while living in Pakistan is not a strategy I would recommend to anyone.

working