jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

amazon affiliate program questions

1. CatherineGiordano profile image98
    CatherineGiordanoposted 2 years ago

I checked the Learning Center and I can't find answers there so I am hoping that you guys can help me figure this out. 

I have blogs so I have my own amazon affiliate account so I am using that here on hub pages.  Does that mean I get 100% of the sales made when someone uses my links to order? Or does HP still get 40% and the only difference is which account the commission goes into

Aside from the commissions, I did this so I could see all the items people bought when they used a link in my hub.  With the 60-40 split arrangement, I do not see the sales that don't happen to fall within my 60%. Is that right.

On my blogs, I get to see everything anyone clicks on even if they don't buy. I don't think that happens with amazon links on HP.  I wish I knew what they were clicking on.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years agoin reply to this

>>Does that mean I get 100% of the sales made when someone uses my links to order? Or does HP still get 40% and the only difference is which account the commission goes into

You get all the related listing fees, etc when someone clicks and buys items from a product capsule during your share of impressions.

>> I do not see the sales that don't happen to fall within my 60%. Is that right.

Yes, you will not see impressions other than those with your affiliate code.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image95
    Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago

Everything you said is right.

For Amazon, there is a 60/40 split, whether you use HubPages Amazon account or not.  The difference is that since the HubPages account is combined, you can reach the next tier faster. It isn't unusual to see 8-10% commission using the HP account, which is nearly impossible for me using my own acct.

It does mean that the HP account sales don't help you with your tiers on your personal account.

1. CatherineGiordano profile image98
      CatherineGiordanoposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I guess it makes more sense to use the HP link then so I can reach the $50 payout faster.. I usually reach the 6% commission  and $10 threshold from amazon sales each month on my blog without the sales that originate from hubs.

working