jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Episode OS4 | 1st Qtr 1878 | Life in Oak Springs an

1. Homeplace Series profile image81
    Homeplace Seriesposted 2 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Episode OS4 | 1st Qtr 1878 | Life in Oak Springs and more. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 2 years ago

What were the reasons given for not passing the QAP?

Homeplace Seriesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It had the "spammy" paragraph... Not true, but their strange definitions I suppose made it appear. Only a couple of references to my own other writings... I took out one of them, randomly, and they approved. Amazing... and a bit disgusting ;-( ;-)

3. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 2 years ago

Unless other links are "necessary" to the reading experience, they are irrelevant, that's just how Google sees stuff now.

Promoting your own material does NOT make it automatically relevant to something else you wrote.  Mutual authorship is no longer a valid point of relevancy, i.e. the old belief that just because you liked something an author wrote means you will want/like anything else they wrote.

4. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 2 years ago

I think because he is writing a series, his links are relevant.  That gets a bit tricky on HP.  They generally don't encourage hubs written in parts or series, but I don't think it's penalized.  The writing is excellent.

Homeplace Seriesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, rebekahELLE... much appreciated... and, of course, you are correct! ;-) Actually, the link ties it all together, makes it more readable! ;-)

working