jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

A Squared cornered U

1. Roger Hawcroft profile image59
    Roger Hawcroftposted 2 years ago

I apologise in advance if I am in the wrong place and hope you will excuse me and set me right - this is my first time here.
    I want to know if there is a specific name for a U shape which, instead of having rounded corners it has square ones, ie. |_| - In other words, I suppose, it is an open ended rectangle.  Can anyone help, please?

1. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 2 years agoin reply to this

rectangular balbis

1. Roger Hawcroft profile image59
        Roger Hawcroftposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Many thanks.

2. jonnycomelately profile image87
        jonnycomelatelyposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Wow!  The things we learn !   
        And Dear Sir, Madam,"calculus-geometry,"  I would venture to ask you another question.

I am almost 74 years of age.  Back when in high school, I was basically a dunce at mathematics, primarily because I was afraid to ask questions about difficult matters and simply shut up in front of other classmates.   So, it was always my assumption that mathematics was way too "intelligent" for me.

Now I am beginning to wonder, "is that the right conclusion?"   I have never done calculus, but hear so much about it.   Where would you suggest I start a new journey into learning something about it?   Just imagine me to be 10 years old again.   In 5 years time, maybe even in 2 years time, calculus will be as easy as pie.  Where do I start?

1. AndrewHil93 profile image34
          AndrewHil93posted 2 years agoin reply to this

You're never too old to learn something new. In the UK, we have many free courses.

No doubt there'll be local libraries with a host of advice and information! Ask them. smile

2. Writer Fox profile image78
          Writer Foxposted 2 years agoin reply to this

There are lots of free courses on the Internet.  Here's one:
          https://www.coursera.org/learn/calculus1

1. jonnycomelately profile image87
            jonnycomelatelyposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Writer Fox, thank you so much... looks great.  And thanks to other replies.

working