jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Why are there ads on my hubs even though I don't have Google AdSense?

1. Frederick Green profile image90
    Frederick Greenposted 2 years ago

On all my hubs, there are advertisements almost everywhere: at the top, on the side, at the bottom, etc. I haven't linked my account with a Google AdSense so where are the ads coming from?

I'm assuming they are from HubPages? Am I making any money from this? If not, then how can I disable them? If I'm not making any money from it, can I remove them because it looks ugly.

Thanks. I was just a little confused about why HubPages would place adverts on my Hubs.

1. Colin Quartermain profile image87
      Colin Quartermainposted 2 years ago in reply to this

They are placed there by hubpages with the money going to the company to pay for their costs. If you had adsense you would get a proportion of the revenue.

As far as I know ads are only disable if the topic is unsuitable for advertisers, but I doubt whether you could disable the ads yourself otherwise, hubpages would make no money whilst your work was available for everyone to see.

2. colorfulone profile image88
      colorfuloneposted 2 years ago in reply to this

We can turn ads off or on, on each hub in edit.
      Open a hub in edit.
      Go to "Display Options".
      Turn off ads.

1. Colin Quartermain profile image87
        Colin Quartermainposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Many thanks colorfulone, never knew about that option

1. colorfulone profile image88

You are welcome, Colin!

3. Frederick Green profile image90
      Frederick Greenposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you very much and I appreciate ALL of your help! I understand HubPages needs money to run their website but they are my hubs so I'll disable half and let ads on for the other half so they can make money since I'm using their service.

1. colorfulone profile image88

That is fair of you to do it that way.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

Ads are on all hubs by default because this is a content site.  If you resent Hubpages having the income you can turn them off.

working