Google Adsense - ads on my hubs but I'm not getting paid!

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (42 posts)
  1. Getting Along profile image59
    Getting Alongposted 11 years ago

I keep submitting my request to AdSense, which keeps denying me because of 'insufficient content,' but I have four substantial hubs published AND... ads ARE showing up on my hubs but I'm not being paid for them!  Help!

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Those belong to the site. It's how they pay for it. Once you get an Adsense account you will get 60% of the views.

Getting Alongposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you!

2. Danast profile image71
        Danastposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What is an ad code and where do I find it, and what do I do with it.  Adsense says that this must implemented on my hub.  Please help me.  I have no one here to help me, and I have been struggling with this for days!  There is no way for me to contact the adsense support because my application keeps on being denied for insufficient content.  I had two articles that were very lengthy!

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
          mistyhorizon2003posted 11 years agoin reply to this

You have no chance of getting an Adsense account  from here with only 1 featured hub as Google can't 'crawl' any of your other hubs (assuming you have any) therefore you have far from sufficient content. You need between 10-20 quality hubs that have been featured long enough for Google to 'crawl' them  and rate them as high quality. This may take some weeks and will not happen overnight. Try applying again when you have 20 hubs that have all been featured for around a month or so. The 'Ad Code' people are referring to is the number you will be given by Adsense once your account is approved, and this is the number you will enter here in your 'My Account' page, 'Earnings' and then 'Settings', after clicking on the 'Configure' tab.

1. Danast profile image71

Thank you so much for giving me this advise!  This makes so much sense!  Okay, I will definitely continue to put out hubs so that others can read them and benefit from them.  Maybe in the future I will get paid for them.  I am currently writing one on tarantulas.  Hence, my field of study is in biology.  I have another hub that was originally posted, but I was going to delete it due the Biblical content in it. They won't post ads on it, but I'm not going to change it.  I had already gotten a few great comments on it before I decided to delete it.  I have since taken it out of the deletion 'mode', and they are currently reviewing it to publish it again.  Thanks for your input on this matter.  Maybe once that Biblical hub is published, you can read it!   Thanks again!

Really pleased to be of help. I wish you well with getting your Adsense account approval so you will have the necessary code that will earn you some income smile BTW, I have actually held a giant Taratnula and had it walk across my hands twice (in spite of being very scared of spiders personally). Fascinating creatures. Biblical stuff won't really appeal to me (too many years of attending convent schools in my youth, hence why I am now a Pagan), no offence intended.

2. JustforWhat profile image70
            JustforWhatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I just wanted to chip in that I was approved quickly just a few months before the original poster started the topic and I only had 2 active hubs at the time.  I don't know exactly how there process works, but it appears to have some inconsistencies!

Very odd, perhaps you had other articles elsewhere too before you applied (and that Google knew you had written). Otherwise you are very unique as this is unheard of to the best of my knowledge.

2. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The general consensus is that you need 10 hubs nowadays to get an Adsense account.

That said, you are not missing out on anything unless one of your hubs has gone viral.

Most people don't earn anything much at all - they used to say to expect between $2 and $6 per 1000 views, but lately it has been well below that.

Most hubbers do not start seeing that level of traffic for months.

Great information - thanks!

3. wqaindia profile image36
      wqaindiaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Till you get approved by adsense the income will go to the HubPages to meet with their costs. When you get approved the new members will come in, visit your Hubs and generate revenue for you. This is ongoing process. One needs to remain active at HP to have continuous traffic and income.

I guess I need to wait until I've gotten at least 10 hubs before I apply again.  They have refused me even though hubpages has featured my hubs.  This is so frustrating!

Just remember that HP 'featuring'  or ' not featuring' a hub means nothing in Google's eyes. This is only HP's opinion of what they believe Google want (Google however will make up their own mind, or at least their algorithm will judge in the end). I would now wait until you have at least between 10-20 hubs before expecting to be accepted, and even then they need enough time published for Google to 'crawl' them. In the meantime if a hub becomes 'not featured' change the title by a word or so, just enough to buy it another month or few so that Google have time to find it and index it in the SERPS and hopefully bring it enough traffic to stop it being down-graded to 'not featured' again.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

That's how it works. If you have no outgoing links you can turn the ads off. But why bother? Let hubpages have the income while you are working on getting approved.

Thanks - from their ads in Monster, I thought I'd be making a lot right away!  Naive..

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't know what the ad said, but it is possible to make a tidy sum here.

It takes time, but you can speed it up if you learn about SEO and how to write for the search engines, while making yourself a resource.

Make it fun too. Write about thing you know and enjoy. Research SEO, and learn how to word articles to make them attractive to searchers.

Welcome to Hubpages smile

The Learning Centre has loads of useful information.

Thank you so much! I have much to learn!

2. Getting Along profile image59

Izzy, what does SEO stand for?

1. WryLilt profile image87
            WryLiltposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Search Engine Optimisation.

Great, thanks - I'll look it up!

1. The Engineer profile image55
                The Engineerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

smile  thanks!

2. Reality Bytes profile image74
        Reality Bytesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What you can create here is residual income, the best income in the world..  smile

Once you start getting steady traffic, you will be earning, whether or not you are active!

Thanks!  What's the best way to increase my traffic?

1. Reality Bytes profile image74
            Reality Bytesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

All I have ever done is write and publish hubs.  I post them to facebook once, right after publishing.  I have never done any SEO research beyond finding keywords in a Google Search  (dropdown suggestions).  My advice, write what you know, answer the questions the reader is searching for, you will be fine.  IMO

Very helpful - thanks!

3. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I do think those ads are a bit misleading. A content site like this is very different from freelance paid blogging where you get the fee right away.

They advertise on Monster all the time - I get the notices almost daily.

By the way, I have a copy of that painting you use as your icon - I love it smile

2. relache profile image73
          relacheposted 11 years agoin reply to this

From what I understand those ads are not officially put up by HubPages but by people trying to cash in on the sign-ups.

1. WryLilt profile image87
            WryLiltposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Bet they don't make much from it big_smile

3. travel_man1971 profile image63
    travel_man1971posted 11 years ago

Me,too! My payment decreased into 2dollars or less for the last two months, whereas, I've been receiving two-digit payout each month and collect my 100+dollars earning after 3 months.
    They've been also placing unrelated ads.

The ads you see are not necessarily what everyone sees. For example, a few months back I checked out a 'No No Hair Remover' for my Sister after seeing a TV ad. Ever since then every site I visit on Google shows me a 'No No Hair Remover' advert, even though I don't want to buy one, and if I had chosen to buy one I would not be endlessly wanting to buy more lol.

Apparently Google now display adverts relevant to what you have previously shown an interest in on the Internet. The adverts are unique to you, not to your article therefore.

1. travel_man1971 profile image63
        travel_man1971posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the explanation. It's just sad that my earnings decreased, atlhough I never wane to publish hubs and participate on HP's activities.sad

4. Horatio Plot profile image74
    Horatio Plotposted 11 years ago

Hi Getting Along
    My guess is you are stuck in the old HubPages temporal causality loop. Amy Gillie's Hub should help you out;
    http://amygillie.hubpages.com/hub/Dont- … le-AdSense
    Gook Luck, and welcome to HubPages.
    Horatio

Thank you!

1. hifizah profile image60
        hifizahposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow, I was going to ask the same thing but all my questions have been answered in this thread. Thanks to you all.

5. felix09 profile image57
    felix09posted 11 years ago

You should write at least 20 hubs before looking for a Google adsense account

Thank you!  Okay...I see.  I'm not even close.  Lol!

6. barbat79 profile image62
    barbat79posted 11 years ago

I too have a problem with Adsense,  they site a website issue with hubpages   But I cant edit the content in some of the windows of adsense info and dont know how to correct this   Any insight, anyone?  Here is what I read on Hubpages configuration page:It appears that your Google AdSense Account, with the publisher id ca-pub-1186716326304855 is no longer associated with HubPages. Your application may have been rejected by Google, you may have refused the association with www.hubpages.com through the AdSense Account Access Page, or your previosuly approved account may have been disabled due to violations of the Google AdSense Terms and Conditions. You should not apply again, as each person is only allowed to have a single Google AdSense Account. Please review Google's Disabled Account FAQ for further steps that you might take. If you have simply refused the association, you may be able to change that on the Google AdSense - Account Access page or by clicking "Next" below.

Maybe this will help.

http://amygillie.hubpages.com/_u3gwp7cl … t-11547527

I think that once you're approved, you have to go back and click on configurations and enter a code.  They should tell you what to do.

2. Danast profile image71

I only have two published hubs, and so I don't have enough content yet, even though both of my hubs are very long and contain much text.  They are also featured hubs.  I was told that I need to have at least 10 good quality hubs before I should reapply.  I will continue to write more hubs in hopes that they will soon accept my application.  My adsense account has never been active yet.  I can't even get into it.  In other words, I don't have one yet.  Lol!  But, your situation may be a little different.

7. barbat79 profile image62
    barbat79posted 11 years ago

I too have a problem with Adsense,  they site a website issue with hubpages   But I cant edit the content in some of the windows of adsense info and dont know how to correct this   Any insight, anyone?  Here is what I read on Hubpages configuration page:It appears that your Google AdSense Account, with the publisher id ca-pub-1186716326304855 is no longer associated with HubPages. Your application may have been rejected by Google, you may have refused the association with www.hubpages.com through the AdSense Account Access Page, or your previosuly approved account may have been disabled due to violations of the Google AdSense Terms and Conditions. You should not apply again, as each person is only allowed to have a single Google AdSense Account. Please review Google's Disabled Account FAQ for further steps that you might take. If you have simply refused the association, you may be able to change that on the Google AdSense - Account Access page or by clicking "Next" below.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)