What is the best way to use eBay for sales?

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (16 posts)
  1. mary615 profile image81
    mary615posted 8 years ago

At one time I got sales from eBay, but now I'm confused.  When I try and find a product on eBay that would be appropriate for my Hub, I get a confusing message.  Can't remember the exact words, but something to the effect the product must be a "buy it now".
    Am I doing something wrong?

1. sallybea profile image94
      sallybeaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You can only select Buy It Now Items as opposed to items which are on an e-Bay Auction.

mary615posted 8 years agoin reply to this

That's what I thought, but by the time the Hub is read, that item will be gone, right?

1. bravewarrior profile image88
          bravewarriorposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I notice HP rotates the eBay items. If what you post is gone, they'll find another similar item and put it in it's place.

I did not know that, bravewarrior!!

2. sallybea profile image94

Yes, you are correct though I do recall that it was done this way to make it easier for us to make sales.

Maybe I'll go back and add eBay to my newer Hubs.

I definitely would, sometimes my earning here are equalled from sales made from both Amazon and e-Bay.

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image79
      LuisEGonzalezposted 8 years agoin reply to this

For Ebay the best solution is to get rid of all of their capsules. Maybe then they will start paying for clicks like they used to. As for Amazon, providing links to useful products that fall within the topic of your hub is best.

I lean more toward Amazon, but it's hard to reach that $100.00 payout!

2. sam777777 profile image60
    sam777777posted 8 years ago

Sorry Mary615  I have to address this on your thread . Hopefully this can benefit both of us.

Sallybea how much luck are you have with amazon and ebay?  How many sales are you having in days? or weeks? or months?

Please suggest some tips; it would be helpful.

I think one has to think like a reader when you add Amazon or e-Bay capsules.  I write wet tutorials and in every case the reader might require an item to complete the Tutorial on their own.  All of these items can be purchased from e-Bay or Amazon.  I buy these items myself for my own use. I can make it easier for readers by giving them a link to an identical  which I used myself to complete the tutorial.  One cannot just randomly add capsules which have nothing to do with the writing and expect to make sales  The number of sales varies from month to month and so too does the revenue because the commission on an expensive item will be more from an expensive item than an inexpensive one.  The key thing I believe is to engage with the reader.  The subject should be interesting enough to make them either want to learn more about it or make them feel that the product used is something they really do want to try or have to use.  Having said that, it is surprising how readers will purchase something completely unrelated to the subject, by just following the link and seeing something else they want to buy.

1. sam777777 profile image60
        sam777777posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Sallybea for answer.
        How do you get your readership up?  Whats your formula to success?

Use twitter and Pin Hubs on Pinterest, apart from that I don't do much else. I love Pinterest.

1. sam777777 profile image60
            sam777777posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Cool! How do you promote on twitter ?  Is there a certain way you write things because sometimes the post can sound spammish.  How do you incorporate your info on Pinterest? Can I see your Pinterest?

There are links on my profile page.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)