jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

35 Ways To Make Your Site Search Friendly

1. paradigm search profile image59
    paradigm searchposted 2 years ago

I figure this might be useful for folks.

http://searchengineland.com/35-ways-mak … seo-226447

What with my using Blogger as my website host, I strongly suspect Google automatically does a lot of this stuff for me behind the scenes.

1. Snakesmum profile image89
      Snakesmumposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Sounds very useful - shall check it out later.   Thanks for the link.

2. paradigm search profile image59
    paradigm searchposted 2 years ago

And since we are talking about search stuff, Google has become our new Alphabet, http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companie … partandhp.

3. profile image0
    sandrawelchposted 2 years ago

Thanks for the link, always looking for something new or old to try.

4. passionatelearnr profile image89
    passionatelearnrposted 2 years ago

thank you for the help.

5. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 2 years ago

I'm exhausted just reading that. Luckily, most major website CMS' take care of all those basics if you don't play around too much. And I'm a big fan of duplicate content - when used correctly. It's one of my biggest earners and Google itself says there's no reason not to use it, APPROPRIATELY.

1. NateB11 profile image94
      NateB11posted 2 years agoin reply to this

That is interesting about duplicate content. I remember some time ago reading that duplicate content is not bad in itself; that it is normal, for instance, in syndicated work.

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 2 years agoin reply to this

This is what Matt Cutts has to say about duplicate content: http://searchengineland.com/googles-mat … mmy-167459

The biggest issue is competing with yourself in search results - that's easily fixed by using a different title on the duplicate, so you can rank the same content for two completely different sets of keywords.

1. NateB11 profile image94

Wow, great info, Susannah. Goes against much of what people say about it. And it's what I've wondered about and suspected.

6. criminology101 profile image60
    criminology101posted 2 years ago

The only way to make your site super site search friendly is to host your blog on blogger. Have you not noticed, blogger blog get index faster that the most optimized wordpress, joomla or drupal website.

I have around 15 Blogspot websites and probably around 15 Wordpress websites. I've seen people say this, but I've never seen any real proof it's true. Plus, Wordpress has thousands of other options which make it much easier to optimise for both SEO and social media.

2. Marisa Wright profile image95
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I agree with WryLilt, I have never seen any evidence that Blogger blogs are indexed faster.

It's a common myth, people assume that because Google owns Blogger, it must show favouritism towards Blogger blogs.  Google is not that stupid - it knows that a lot of Blogspot bloggers are rank amateurs with poor content, so if Google were to favour them on principle, without regard for content, the search engine would lose all credibility with users.

I actually can't remember the last time I saw a Blogger site in search results anywhere near the top - and I Google a LOT (Google Suggest addict). I have seen Blogger results ranked below Yahoo Answers in some cases.

2. NateB11 profile image94

Really good point. Google would be shooting themselves in the foot if they favored Blogspot. I only use Blogger to play around, never have seen it as having any potential as far as traffic and money.

working