jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

FIXED: "Oops! Invalid image data uri" error when Pinning images

1. janderson99 profile image85
    janderson99posted 2 years ago

When I click on the button at the bottom right hand side of images to post an image to Pinterest I get this error message:

Invalid image data uri

Oddly when I right click on an image it works OK.

Please fix. Thanks

1. agvulpes profile image89
      agvulpesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I did have the same 'problem' and then I tried the Pin Button on the Left hand side of the Hub and it worked OK ?

2. Matthew Meyer profile image75
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Are you using a third party browser extension or are you talking about the buttons we show on HubPages to share Pinterest content?

I just tested and was able to share an image from one of your Hubs via the Pinterest button in the slideshow.

1. janderson99 profile image85
        janderson99posted 2 years ago in reply to this

No, it is the HP Pinterest button that shows up when you hover over the bottom of the image (appears bottom right). I am using Chrome and have never had this problem before. I guess this is the main way that images are shared. I can work around it using a right click. PS Same problem when using Mozilla.

Pop up message window says

Oops!
        Invalid image data uri

1. sallybea profile image98
          sallybeaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It certainly has been a very strange day for images on our pages today.  Slow loading times, disappointing slow and I feel people won't stay long on our pages if this continues in the same vein.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image75

Thanks for the clarification.
          I was able to reproduce the issue in Chrome and have shared this information with our engineering team.

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I've noticed the same problem.  I use the Pinterest button at the top of my page instead, and then it works.

4. Matthew Meyer profile image75

This should now be fixed.

2. janderson99 profile image85
    janderson99posted 2 years ago

Yep it is fixed. Thanks Matthew, Cheers

working